Zenkaikon Update: 2 Weeks Left for Pre-Registration Discount!

  • kirsehn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2010
      Zenkaikon Update

      Two Weeks Left for Pre-Registration Discount

      Don't forget that the second discount pre-registration deadline for
      Zenkaikon V is less than 2 weeks away! Pre-register by November 1, 2010
      to save up to $10 on a three-day membership, and save time in line at
      the convention.

      For Zenkaikon V, we are also offering a brand new benefit to our
      pre-registered members. All pre-registrants will be able to pick up
      their badges on Thursday evening. Check in the night before, and start
      enjoying the convention as soon as it opens on Friday!

      Current pre-registration rates are:
      Friday Only: $19/person
      Saturday Only: $29/person
      Sunday Only: $19/person
      Three Day: $45/person (best value!)
      VIP Membership: $70 Sold Out!
      Group Rate: $42/person

      Find out more information and pre-register at
      http://www.zenkaikon.com/registration/
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com/registration/>

      Guest Updates

      A number of guests have already been announced for Zenkaikon V! Guests
      currently include voice actor and musican Vic Mignogna (FullMetal
      Alchemist, Vampire Knight), voice actor Todd Haberkorn (Ouran High
      School Host Club, Hetalia: Axis Powers), standup comedian "Uncle Yo",
      game show host Greg Wicker, science fiction author CJ Henderson, and
      webcomic artists Onezumi Hartstein, James Harknell, and Interrobang
      Studios. More guest announcements will be coming soon, including
      announcements of our 2011 musical guests!

      Panel and AMV Submissions

      Submissions are currently being accepted for panels, as well as for the
      AMV contest. For more information on how to submit a panel or AMV, check
      out their respective pages on the Zenkaikon website:

      Panel Submissions: http://zenkaikon.com/events/panels.php
      <http://zenkaikon.com/events/panels.php>
      AMV Submissions: http://zenkaikon.com/events/amv.php
      <http://zenkaikon.com/events/amv.php>

      Staff and Volunteer Applications

      Would you like a behind-the-scenes look at an anime convention? Would
      you like to help make Zenkaikon V the best one yet? Then Zenkaikon wants
      you as a staff member or volunteer!

      It is the dedicated staff and volunteers who make events like Zenkaikon
      possible, and we are still recruiting for our 2011 event. In exchange
      for your commitment as either a staff member or volunteer, you may be
      eligible for a number of perks including admission, food, T-shirts, and
      more! Get more information on the respective application pages:

      Staff Applications: http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/staff.php
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/staff.php>
      Volunteer ("Gofer") Applications:
      http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/gofers.php
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/gofers.php>

      About Zenkaikon

      Since 2006, Zenkaikon has been bringing quality Japanese animation
      (anime), comics (manga), and popular culture themed events to the
      Philadelphia area. The convention is staffed completely by volunteers,
      who want to share their appreciation for these mediums with the
      Philadelphia region. Zenkaikon features a variety of activities
      including anime and live action screenings, video and tabletop gaming,
      special guests, costume competitions, panels, concerts, vendors, and
      more. Starting as a small one-day event, the convention has grown
      rapidly to welcome nearly two thousand attendees in 2009. The Zenkaikon
      staff wishes to thank all the attendees who have supported and helped it
      grow over the years. They look forward to building an event that will be
      an integral part of the region's culture for many years to come. For
      more information on Zenkaikon or to register for the upcoming
      convention, please visit http://www.zenkaikon.com
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com> .

      We look forward to seeing you at Zenkaikon V!

      http://www.zenkaikon.com <http://www.zenkaikon.com> |
      http://www.facebook.com/zenkaikon <http://www.facebook.com/zenkaikon>
      | http://www.twitter.com/zenkaikon <http://www.twitter.com/zenkaikon>

    • kirsehn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2011
        Zenkaikon Update: 2 Weeks Left Until February Pre-Reg Deadline!

        In this issue:

        * Two Weeks Left Before February Pre-Reg Deadline
        * Rooms Still Available in Zenkaikon Hotel Block
        * LARP Pre-registration Ends This Friday
        * Cosplay Dating Game Applications Open
        * AMV Submission Deadline Extended
        * Sakura Cosplay Ball Information Now Available
        * Seeking a Few Good Gofers

        Two Weeks Left Before February Pre-Reg Deadline

        There are only 16 days left before the final pre-registration discount
        deadline. This is your last chance to get a discount on a Zenkaikon V
        membership! Save money and time by pre-registering for Zenkaikon V!

        Pre-registration rates until February 1, 2011:
        Friday Only: $22/person
        Saturday Only: $32/person
        Sunday Only: $22/person
        Three Day: $50/person (best value!)
        Group Rate: $52/person

        Pre-registrations after February 1st will be at the door rate.

        All pre-registrants will be able to pick up their badges beginning on
        Thursday evening. Check in the night before, and start enjoying the
        convention as soon as it opens on Friday!

        Find out more information and pre-register at:
        http://www.zenkaikon.com/registration/
        <http://www.zenkaikon.com/registration/>

        Rooms Still Available in Zenkaikon Hotel Block

        Due to popular demand, we've expanded our hotel room block into the
        Radisson Hotel Valley Forge. This convenient location is also attached
        to the Valley Forge Convention Center, the Scanticon, and all the fun of
        Zenkaikon V! Like at the Scanticon, the convention rate is $115/night
        (plus applicable taxes) for rooms accomodating one to four people.
        Limited rooms may also still be available at the Scanticon by calling
        them directly.

        Rooms at both locations are going quickly, so don't delay booking your
        stay!

        For more information, visit: http://www.zenkaikon.com/general/hotels.php
        <http://www.zenkaikon.com/general/hotels.php>

        LARP Pre-Registration Ends This Friday

        LARP stands for "Live-Action Role Play", a game where you'll be playing
        as your favorite anime and manga characters. Hundreds are available for
        you to play! The game will run the course of the weekend, featuring an
        overarching plot and scheduled events, so you can attend as much or as
        little as you like. This year's plot theme is "The Big Dreams
        Competition."

        Pre-registration for the LARP ends this Friday (January 21st), so if
        you'd like to claim your character, sign up soon!

        Find out more information and pre-register at:
        http://www.zenkaikon.com/events/larp.php
        <http://www.zenkaikon.com/events/larp.php>

        Cosplay Dating Game Applications Open

        Are you a cosplayer? Do you really know your character? Would you like
        to compete for the right to take a lovely bachelorette or handsome
        bachelor on a "date"? Then consider auditioning for our dating game this
        year.

        The Cosplay Dating Game is a hilarious take on "The Dating Game" of
        yesteryear TV. Three bachelors or bachelorettes sit on one side of a
        curtain. On the other side is the 'prize', an elusive bachelor or
        bachelorette for one of the 3 contestants to 'win'. The twist is that
        participants are in costume and are the character. We plan to have two
        rounds of the dating game – a PG13 round and an 18+ round. In order
        to hold either or both rounds, however, we are need of a few good
        cosplayers – ones who can not only dress like their character, but
        act like him/her as well!

        Does this sound like something that might interest you?

        Find out more information and apply to be a contestant at:
        http://www.zenkaikon.com/cosplay/datinggame.php
        <http://www.zenkaikon.com/cosplay/datinggame.php>

        AMV Submission Deadline Extended

        The deadline for submitting Anime Music Videos (AMVs) to the Zenkaikon
        AMV Contest has been extended until February 19, 2011. Whether this is
        your 1st, 10th, or 100th video, we would love for you to show off your
        work! We are looking for a combination of Japanese Animation, Japanese
        Manga, or Japanese Video Games set to music. You may submit entries to
        either the competition or a general screening.

        Find out more information and submit an entry at:
        http://www.zenkaikon.com/events/amv.php
        <http://www.zenkaikon.com/events/amv.php>

        Sakura Cosplay Ball Information Now Available

        Prepare for a decadent evening of cosplay, music, and dance. The Sakura
        Ball is Zenkaikon's formal dance event taking place on Friday evening of
        the convention. "Set Dancing", a traditional form of folk group dancing,
        will be taught and the main style of dance for the evening.

        Find out more information, including the dress code, at:
        http://www.zenkaikon.com/cosplay/cosplayball.php
        <http://www.zenkaikon.com/cosplay/cosplayball.php>

        Seeking a Few Good Gofers

        Would you like a behind-the-scenes look at an anime convention? Are you
        at least sixteen years of age? Would you like to help make Zenkaikon V
        the best one yet? Then, Zenkaikon wants you to apply to be a gofer!

        Gofers help convention staff with event set up, line control, badge
        checking, guiding attendees, running video and gaming equipment,
        workshops, panels, the masquerade, break down and clean up. They can
        also earn a number of benefits depending on the number of hours they are
        able to work. Benefits may include meal vouchers, a T-shirt,
        registration refund, or hotel reimbursement.

        Does this sound like something that might interest you?

        Find out more information and apply at:
        http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/gofers.php
        <http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/gofers.php>

        ---