Zenkaikon Announces Uncle Yo, CJ Henderson, and Opening of Gofer Applications!

  • kirsehn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2010
      We are pleased to bring you two new announcements about Zenkaikon.
      First, we welcome two popular returning guests - comedian Uncle Yo
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com/guests/index.php#uncleyo> and author CJ
      Henderson <http://www.zenkaikon.com/guests/index.php#cjhenderson> . We
      are also happy to announce the opening of Gofer Applications
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/gofers.php> for Zenkaikon V.
      Read below for all the details.

      Zenkaikon V Announces Uncle Yo and CJ Henderson

      Back by popular demand, we are pleased to welcome comedian Karl
      "Uncle Yo" Custer and author CJ Henderson as guests at Zenkaikon
      V!

      Zenkaikon is one of the conventions where Uncle Yo got his start. Every
      year he attracts huge crowds, and quickly has them rolling in the
      aisles. CJ Henderson has also become somewhat of a staple at our event,
      bringing his own unique brand of intellect and wit.

      We are thrilled to have them both return for our fifth anniversary
      convention! Read their introductions below.

      About Uncle Yo:

      Psst. Hey, you. Yeah, you! Don't look away, or they'll get
      suspicious. You like stand-up comedy? Don't nod – they'll
      think you're crazy.Then you should meet Uncle Yo. He's a
      geek-specific stand-up comedian who's already on his fourth straight
      year touring conventions and talking about anime, video games, Japanese
      culture, and all those things you talk about that makes your mother
      think she dropped you on your head.

      Visit his website at http://www.uncleyo.com <http://www.uncleyo.com> .

      About CJ Henderson:

      Author CJ Henderson is the creator of both the Piers Knight supernatural
      investigator series and the Teddy London occult detective series. In his
      time, Henderson has written some 60 books and/or novels, including such
      diverse titles as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction Movies, Black
      Sabbath: the Ozzy Osbourne Years, and Baby's First Mythos, as well
      as hundreds of short stories and comics, and thousands of non-fiction
      pieces. Published in thirteen languages around the world, this tireless
      wordsmith, this most noble of human beings, the man about whom Time
      Magazine said: "Who?" welcomes all to come to his website so
      they might learn a little about him, read some of the short stories
      posted there, and basically find out what a jolly scamp he is. Those who
      bring bacon or fine cigars to his table will almost certainly make a
      friend for life.

      Visit his website at http://www.cjhenderson.com
      <http://www.cjhenderson.com> .

      Zenkaikon V Gofer Applications Now Open

      Would you like a behind-the-scenes look at an anime convention? Are you
      at least sixteen years of age? Would you like to help make Zenkaikon V
      the best one yet?

      Then, Zenkaikon wants you to apply to be a gofer!

      What a Gofer Does

      Gofers help con staff with event set up, line control, badge checking,
      guiding attendees, running video and gaming equipment, workshops,
      panels, the masquerade, break down and clean up.

      What a Gofer Does Not Do

      What a Gofer does not do is handle money, function as a security guard
      or undermine the integrity of Zenkaikon or its affiliates.

      What You Get Out of It

      Now you might be asking yourself, "What's in it for me?" Well, depending
      on how many hours of your life you are willing to give, you get:

      * For every 4 hours worked, a meal voucher.
      * For 6 hours worked, half of your registration reimbursed.
      * For 12 hours worked, a full registration reimbursement.
      * For 16 hours worked, a "Zenkaikon V" T-shirt.
      * For 20 hours worked, hotel reimbursement of up to $25 a night
      (a maximum reimbursement of 2 nights) or $50 Zenkaikon merchandise booth
      voucher. (Zenkaikon does not provide housing for gofers/volunteers.)

      Zenkaikon Gofer Requirements

      * You must be registered for Zenkaikon.
      * You must have valid picture ID.
      * You must be at least 16 years old by March 17, 2011.
      * You must submit a Gofer application and be approved.
      * You must go through a mandatory Gofer briefing before starting
      your first shift.
      * You must submit the required number of validated work hours to
      Zenkaikon Gofer Ops for meal vouchers and reimbursements.

      So, are you up for the challenging fun that awaits you as a Zenkaikon
      Gofer?

      If you just answered, "Yes!" then proceed to our website to apply:
      http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/gofers.php
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com/involvement/gofers.php>

      We look forward to seeing you at Zenkaikon V!

      About Zenkaikon:

      Since 2006, Zenkaikon has been bringing quality Japanese animation
      (anime), comics (manga), and popular culture themed events to the
      Philadelphia area. The convention is staffed completely by volunteers,
      who want to share their appreciation for these mediums with the
      Philadelphia region. Zenkaikon features a variety of activities
      including anime and live action screenings, video and tabletop gaming,
      special guests, costume competitions, panels, concerts, vendors, and
      more. Starting as a small one-day event, the convention has grown
      rapidly to welcome nearly two thousand attendees in 2009. The Zenkaikon
      staff wishes to thank all the attendees who have supported and helped it
      grow over the years. They look forward to building an event that will be
      an integral part of the region's culture for many years to come. For
      more information on Zenkaikon or to register for the upcoming
      convention, please visit http://www.zenkaikon.com
      <http://www.zenkaikon.com> .