Zenkaikon Update: Greg Wicker, Opening of Panel Submissions, Venue Preview

  • kirsehn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2010
      We at Zenkaikon have several updates to share with you as we prepare for our fifth convention.

      Greg Wicker Announced as First Zenkaikon V Guest

      Our first update is the exciting announcement of our first guest for Zenkaikon V -- game show guru Greg Wicker! Greg Wicker (or "Greggo" as he's fondly known) has been producing and hosting game shows at anime conventions since 1999, when he premiered Anime Match Game at Project A-Kon in Dallas. Since then, Greggo has done anime-themed versions of several classic game shows, and even had an original project that very nearly turned into an actual television show on Anime Network. These days Greggo is concentrating on perfecting his craft and making game shows available for conventions everywhere, bringing his rapier wit and friendly personality with him wherever he goes. He calls his production company "For Randy Entertainment," named after a dear friend that succumbed to throat cancer nearly a decade ago.

      You can see some of Greggo's past game show efforts on his YouTube page at http://www.youtube.com/gregdasgo or visit his website at http://www.4randy.com

      Zenkaikon V Panel Submissions Now Open

      We are also happy to announce that panel submissions are now open for Zenkaikon V. The end of the regular period for submitting a panel is December 13, 2010. Anyone wishing to submit a panel for consideration for Zenkaikon V can do so by completing the panel application on the Zenkaikon website.

      http://www.zenkaikon.com/events/panels.php

      Zenkaikon V Venue Preview Video

      Finally, about a week ago, the department heads for Zenkaikon V had the opportunity to walk through our new location at the Valley Forge Convention Center and Scanticon Conference Center. We wanted to share a portion of this walk-through with all of you. Thus, our Convention Chair, Mattie M., and Technical Services Co-Head Bob Z., created a YouTube video touring our new space. You can view it at the link below.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLM0M7f9R2M

      We look forward to seeing you at Zenkaikon V!