DAS 5th Holiday Minicon: 1/17/10, Wilm, DE!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010

      http://anime.meetup.com/199/calendar/12121066/

      Come join us for the DAS Annual Holiday Mini-con in January!

      The beautiful snow put the kibosh on our original Holiday Mini-con so we're having it on Sunday, January 17, 1:30pm to 4:30pm at the Brandywine Hundred Library on Foulk Rd. in Wilmington, DE.

      Event fee: (Potluck) $5 admission with a main dish that can FEED AT LEAST 10 PEOPLE. Some examples are: precooked hot dogs or hamburgers with buns, chicken, chili, sloppy joes,meatballs, tuna casserole, etc.

      $10 if you bring nothing but your sparkling personality and witty repartee.
      ------------
      Activities
      Charity: All donations we receive in our charity box we will contribute to Toys for Tots, Childs Play, United Way and other charities around DE and nationally.

      Cosplay/Costume Contest: Prizes for most festive costume and best craftsmanship!

      Raffles and Prizes: Could you win your own $20 Gift Certificate to GameStop?! Other awesome prizes like DVDS, magazines, toys and more! Come and find out!

      Secret Santa:
      Sit on Santa's lap and get your pic taken. Tell him if you've been a naughty or nice Otaku this year and see what you get from him! If you have brought a present for Secret Santa, our Santa Otaku will hand you one!
      If you want to participate, bring a small wrapped gift (spend no more than $15, though) suitable for an anime fan of ages 12 and above (nothing hentai or adult though please).

      Movie Outing after the Minicon
      Outing to see Disney’s “Princess and the Frog” after the Minicon (Bring $10.50 for tickets)
      A twist on the traditional Frog Prince tale that takes place in New Orlean's French Quarter.

      Other Activities Include
      Video Gaming (Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Rev.3) & Card Tournaments (Extreme UNO) for Prizes!
      Video Gaming Free Play
      Anime Name that Tune and Anime Trivia...and more! Great food, friends and fun! Hope to see you there :)

      Stay tuned to the Delaware Anime Society Yahoo! Group for more details.

      DAS C.hief E.xecutive O.taku
      Delaware Anime Society: The Rising Sun in the First State and Beyond
      http://www.delawareanimesociety.com

      Zenkaikon 2009 Convention Chair
      http://www.zenkaikon.com
      Support the ASPCA and save a life!