Re: Fantastic Planet

  • malak_the_mad
    Message 1 of 133 , May 22, 2001
      I love this film! I just got a commercial copy
      during KatsuCon and was thinking of offering it up too.
      Bosch (sp?) painting come to life. It's a very cerebral
      film and definitely takes some patience to
      watch.<br><br>Aaaahhhh....I remember when USA Network ran "Night Flight" late
      nights on the weekends. Every show they'd do a
      'Take-Off' to a particular subject and every couple of
      months they'd focus on animation. That's how I came
      across Fantastic Planet, Rock & Rule, other classic
      animated shorts and other oddities I can only describe
      face-to-face. Sigh...those were the days. :)<br><br>I, for one,
      will heartily throw in my vote for "Fantastic Planet"
      but I'd recommend it fall at the end of the viewing
      night. Some people might not wanna sit through it. Their
      loss though.<br><br>And since we're offering up
      UNUSUAL suggestions, I'd like to recommend another rarely
      seen piece by the name of "Twice Upon A Time". It's a
      uniquely stylized movie that was produced by Lucasfilms in
      the early 80's. Very funny and rather
      bizzare.<br><br>Enough ranting...FOR NOW!!! BWAAAA HAAA HAAA
      Malak<br><br>p.s.: Hey Craig! Could you clarify your last message?
      You kinda lost me. Thanks.
      Message 133 of 133 , Feb 1, 2002