DAS 4th Annual Holiday Minicon: 12/13/08, Wilmington, DE, 6-11 PM!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2008
      You're invited to the Delaware Anime Society 4th Annual Holiday Party/Minicon!

      Come join the DAS for an evening of fun at the Doubletree Hotel Wilmington in Wilmington DE! We're using 2 rooms again this year and offering this as our grand raffle prize:  $100 Gift Certificate to GameStop!

      Where: "The Christina Room AND Woodlawn Room" at the Doubletree Hotel Wilmington
      4727 Concord Pike
      Wilmington, DE 19801
      302-571-8402

      Doubletree Wilmington Website

      When: December 13, 2008
      Time: 6-11 PM
      Admission: $20 (includes Hibachi Dinner with soda or water, goodybag, and access to all activities!). Preregister online before the minicon to receive a free mini button with holiday artwork!

                Event Website: http://www.delawareanimesociety.com/events/holidayminicon/
                  Online Preregistration Page: http://www.delawareanimesociety.com/events/holidayminicon/registration.html

      Featured:

      Charity: All donations we receive in our charity box we will contribute to Toys for Tots, Childs Play, United Way and other charities around DE and nationally.

      Gaming: Wii, PS2 and XBox Madness!
      Planned Tournaments: (prize $10 Gift Certificate to GameStop!)

      Wii:Super Smash Brothers Brawl
      Wii:Tatsunoko vs Capcom OR Naruto Clash of Ninja EX2
      XBox:Rockband Faceoff Mode
      Rockband, Samba de Amigo, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and more! ! Bring your Apples to Apples and UNO for some mad card gaming love!

      Cosplay/Costume Contest: Prizes for most festive costume and best craftsmanship! ($10 Gift Certificates to Cosworx.com to the Winners!)

      Santa Otaku and helpers Sit on Santa's lap and get your pic taken. Tell him if you've been a naughty or nice Otaku this year and see what you get from him! If you have brought a present for Secret Santa, our Santa Otaku will hand you one!

      Goody Bags: With candy and fun items!

      Raffles and Prizes:
      Could you win your own $100 Gift Certificate to GameStop?!  Other awesome prizes like DVDS, magazines, toys and more! Come and find out!

      Asian Snacks!

      Karaoke, Anime Trivia and  Anime Name that Tune!

      Secret Santa:
      If you want to participate, bring a small wrapped gift (spend no more than $15, though) suitable for an anime fan of ages 12 and above (nothing hentai or adult though please).

      Great food, friends and fun! Hope to see you there :)