D2AC's quarterly New York City Anime Raid

  • Gregory Himes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 5:42 PM
      Don't know if your memebers know much about us. We are a South/Central New Jersey
      anime club which meets (same as you) on the second Saturday of the month, in
      Collingswood, New Jersey. We are a split-off group from the New Jersey Anime Society,
      which retired 3 years ago.

      Now, on to the main point... We periodically take trips, as a group, into Manhattan and the
      Mitsuwa plaza in Edgewater, New Jersey. We do this to find unique Japanese cultural items
      and anime goods, things which cannot be found outside of a small group of websites,
      Japan, or a few major cities in the US.

      We typically stop at places like the Mitsuwa shopping center, Kinokuniya, Asahiya, Book-
      Off, the Nintendo Store, a wide variety of places in Chinatown (including the Elizabeth
      Center), and places in The Village (no, not the one on the island). You need not even buy
      anything to have fun, as we always stop for food (traditional or non-traditional), and there
      is plenty of opportunity to visit arcades (DDR, etc.), to do window shopping and to place
      special orders.

      Our next trip is tentatively set for April 19. Typical itinerery is for some meet-ups at the
      Collingswood libarary to carpool, leaving promptly at 8:00am while others travel directly
      to the Mitsuwa shopping center in Edgewater, where we typically group up at 9:45am. We
      then spend a little time at the shops there, and then catch the NY shuttle bus ($3.00 each
      way, to and from the city) into Manhattan. We return typically around 6:00pm and have
      dinner, and leave when the shopping center closes at around 9:00pm. Returning to the
      library at about 11:00pm.

      If you are interested in joining us in these trips, please contact us on our mailing list
      (below), as soon as possible. And... if you know anyone else who might be interested,
      please, tell them about it.

      I am the webmaster at D2AC. Questions and comments can be directed to our yahoo-
      group at:
      D-2animeclub@yahoogroups.com
      Our website (still a work in progress) is here:
      http://www.d-2animeclub.org/

      Though barely even started, part of our web-page is to be dedicated to this near-quarterly
      event:
      The intro: http://www.d-2animeclub.org/MAG.html
      Mitsuwa's Entry: http://www.d-2animeclub.org/MAG/E_Mitsuwa.html

      --G.D. Himes