You're Invited! Holiday Charity and Minicon!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2006
      Hello all! We at the Delaware Anime Society wanted to invite all you guys to join with us in raising funds for several deserving charities this holiday season. All funds paypalled to delawareanimesociety@... by 12/16/06 and marked "For Charity Fund Raiser" will be donated to the following charities:
      -Toys for Tots
      -Child's Play
      -United Way
      -And more. See our webpage with more details here:
      http://www.delawareanimesociety.com/dascommunityservice.html
      OR, we'll be taking more donations on December 16, 2006 at our 2nd Annual Holiday minicon in Wilmington, DE ! Here's the details:

      http://events.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=events.detail&eventID=136160.15292&Mytoken=C4A3E5CB-9F38-453F-A3D9D4BB3D2AC2D98679483

      When:
      Saturday Dec 16, 2006
      at 7:00 PM

      Where::
      "The Landing" at Kahunaville Island Restaurant
      500 South Madison St.
      Wilmington, DE 19801
      US

      Admission: Make sure to Preregister to make sure you get a spot! Send all payments via paypal to delawareanimesociety at yahoo dot com marked as 'Holiday Minicon Prereg'

      $7 without the Appetizer Buffet
      $14 with the Buffet (comes with your choice of appetizers)

      **If you'd like to get food that is not part of our buffet then you may get a table outside of the Landing for a bussed table and come and go to the festivities as you please!**

      Small wrapped present for Secret Santa:Optional,everyone who brings a present gets one from our pile!

      Featured:

      Buffet:Your choice of appetizers.

      Charity: All donations we receive in our charity box we will contribute to Toys for Tots, Childs Play, United Way and other charities around DE and nationally.

      Gaming

      Wii and PS2 Madness!
      DS Tournaments (bring your DS)
      Uno Tournaments
      Tons of video games at the Midway Arcade including DDR!

      Cosplay
      Costume Contest: Prizes for most festive costume!

      Santa Otaku and helpers
      Sit on Santa's lap and get your pic taken. Tell him if you've been a naughty or nice Otaku this year and see what you get from him!

      Goody Bags
      With candy and fun items!

      Raffles and Prizes
      Could you win your own ***Nintendo DS?***? Other awesome prizes like DVDS, magazines, toys and more! Come and find out!

      Asian Snacks!

      Secret Santa
      If you want to participate, bring a small wrapped gift (spend no more than $15, though) suitable for an anime fan of ages 12 and above (nothing hentai or adult though please). Draw a number at 10 PM and see what gift you get!

      Great food, friends and fun!
      Hope to see you there :)