197Daft Punk Scores 'Interstella' Space Opera

    Jun 20 12:16 PM
      Greetings All!

      My apologies for not posting anything here in...well, quite some time.
      A friend of mine recently sent me this article with I thought was well
      worth posting here. I, for one, was thrilled to see this project was
      finally being seen through to the end.

      Daft Punk Scores 'Interstella' Space Opera
      Mon, Jun 16, 2003, 12:06 PM PT

      HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) - If the an animated father/son fish tale like
      "Finding Nemo" can rake in big bucks, why not a space opera about an
      evil impresario who kidnaps and brainwashes an extra-terrestrial rock
      group?

      Parisian electronic duo Daft Pank has written and scored a
      feature-length animated film, "Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the
      5ecret 5tar 5ystem," directed by Japanese animation legend Leiji
      Matsumoto.

      The silent (except for the music), hour-long space opera completes the
      story begun by the videos "One More Time," "Aerodynamic," "Digital
      Love," and "Harder Better Faster Stronger."

      After kidnapping the aforementioned rock group, the wicked producer
      transforms them into prefabricated pop stars, brings them back to
      Earth, and manipulates them to the top of the charts.

      Each movement of the film is accompanied by a track from the Daft
      Punk's 2001 Virgin album, "Discovery," reports Reuters.

      The project originated in 2000, when the Parisian duo, Guy-Manuel de
      Homem Christo and Thomas Bangalte, flew to Tokyo and met with
      Matsumoto.

      "Interstella" premiered at this year's Cannes Film Festival and was
      released in French theaters in late May. Though there is no theatrical
      release planned for the United States, EMI says it will release a DVD
      of the film in December.

      Take care, all!
      Be seeing you..
      Brian & Malak