Re: A new member

  • wesly_anne
    Message 1 of 146 , Feb 2, 2001
      Great tracking story Ken. I'll share mine. Hiking
      in the backcountry there is a bed of clay, silt that
      is almost always wet. I check there often because
      the tracks take a long time to deteriorate and make
      great casts, and of course it seems to attract a lot of
      wildlife because its by a river bed. I've taken wonderful
      wolf tracks there, but on this day I found the tracks
      of 2 grizzly bear and one black bear. One of the
      grizzly's walked down to the creek for a drink and his
      front paws slid down the slippery clay into the water.
      There were also muskrat, deer, elk and coyote. Didn't
      have my casting material, so I went back first thing
      the next morning to take some casts, which turned out
      great. I think every track contains part of the spirit
      of the animal and therefore each track is sacred and
      a special gift to find.<br>Wesly
    • __tracker__
      Message 146 of 146 , Dec 28, 2001
        I found some really good mink tracks along the
        river yesterday. I don't know how common these are, but
        in this area, I have never found them. I have found
        them further north of me. But my area seems to be the
        territory of river otters. Anyone know how rare mink are?
        Are they fairly common nowadays?