cougar tracks

  • __tracker__
    Message 1 of 146 , Dec 28, 2000
      I found some cougar tracks along the coast today
      at Black Sands Beach, in Shelter Cove, California.
      The tracks were from a small cat and it hoppped down
      from a bluff and proceeded to walk along the base of
      the bluff toward where a freshwater creek drained
      onto the beach. It went up the creek canyon. There are
      some big houses at the top of the bluff and it was
      neat to think that this cougar was walking around
      outside these million-dollar homes and the owners had no
      idea it was there. I took some digital photos and I
      will go through them and pick out some to post in the
      photo area here.
    • __tracker__
      Message 146 of 146 , Dec 28, 2001
        I found some really good mink tracks along the
        river yesterday. I don't know how common these are, but
        in this area, I have never found them. I have found
        them further north of me. But my area seems to be the
        territory of river otters. Anyone know how rare mink are?
        Are they fairly common nowadays?