A new member

  • lektris
    Message 1 of 146 , Dec 5, 2000
      I live on Long Island NY, and lately I been
      having problems with rats. I put out poision in traps,
      so other animals shouldn't be able to get to it.
      Three mornings in a row, the traps was empty,and I
      found the traps dragged several yards away. I put some
      heavy rocks on top of the traps, and thought it must be
      some big-ass rats being able to do this. Last night I
      sprinkled some flour around the traps, thinking I'll be
      able to indentifye the spoor. I thought it must be
      raccoons, but the tracks doesn't look like it. Anyone know
      how to post pictures here? so I maybe one of you
      experts can tell me what it is.<br>Don't feel like
      staying up all night keeping vigil.My thought is maybe a
      squirrel, but the tracs are very large?<br>PS. I'm going to
      see if it's possible to post my pic on the photo
      page.
    • __tracker__
      Message 146 of 146 , Dec 28, 2001
        I found some really good mink tracks along the
        river yesterday. I don't know how common these are, but
        in this area, I have never found them. I have found
        them further north of me. But my area seems to be the
        territory of river otters. Anyone know how rare mink are?
        Are they fairly common nowadays?