Re: [Animal Tracks] snapping turtle?

  • fwstrain
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2008
      Yes this was in the same area and since I had yesterday off work I
      thought I'd walk over to the park. Saw a coyote on the way;-) I think
      the actual name of the creek is Little Slaughter Creek but calling it
      mud creek is a little less menacing. It hasn't rain lately but I
      imagine there is another week of water left.

      I was going to take photos of my plaster casts today anyway so I went
      overboard. I added five of my favorite including the turtle. It is the
      same one I photographed so you can reference it. Turtles ARE neat.
      This one with those big claws and the tail drag reminded me of
      dinosaur tracks.

      Fielder

      --- In animaltracks@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Cabrera" <tracker@...> wrote:

      > Awesome. Turtle tracks are so cool. I love watching them walk! And
      > salamanders too. I love the fluid way they move. Post some pics of
      the casts
      > too. I'd be interested in seeing them. Were these also found in Mud
      Creek?