Re: bear tracks

  • mangas86
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 16, 2002
      I went out and had 2 of my pictures scanned. I tried to upload
      them, but the system would not take them. I created a folder,
      identified the pictures, and uploaded. I got an error message saying
      I was not authorized to do that. Any help would be appreciated.
      Frank

      > One day last winter I saw a dirt road in the Ocala National
      > Forest. On a whim, I turned in. 1/4 mile down the road were three
      > sets of bear tracks going down the road. They were the most clear
      > tracks I ever saw. Fortunately, this time I DID have my camera.
      If
      > I can get them scanned, I'll try and post them.
      > Frank in Florida
    • Kim A. Cabrera
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 18, 2002
        Hi Frank,
        Are you signed in just to get the messages through email? That may be
        why it didn't let you post the pictures. Maybe you have to change the
        preferences so you can view the messages on the web? Not sure.
        Kim

        --- In animaltracks@y..., mangas86 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I went out and had 2 of my pictures scanned. I tried to upload
        > them, but the system would not take them. I created a folder,
        > identified the pictures, and uploaded. I got an error message
        saying
        > I was not authorized to do that. Any help would be appreciated.
        > Frank
        >

        > > One day last winter I saw a dirt road in the Ocala National
        > > Forest. On a whim, I turned in. 1/4 mile down the road were
        three
        > > sets of bear tracks going down the road. They were the most
        clear
        > > tracks I ever saw. Fortunately, this time I DID have my camera.
        > If
        > > I can get them scanned, I'll try and post them.
        > > Frank in Florida
      • mangas86
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 19, 2002
          I got the pictures posted. I'm not sure what I did wrong the first
          time. This was one of the best tracking moments I have had. Those
          bears had to be near by. As you can see, the tracks are quite fresh.
          A little further down the road, I found 3 sets going side by side.
          I'm not sure if it was the same bear going by 3 times or there were
          several of them. The sand was softer there and aging was a little
          trickier.
          Frank

          --- In animaltracks@y..., "Kim A. Cabrera" <jordantrail@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Frank,
          > Are you signed in just to get the messages through email? That may
          be
          > why it didn't let you post the pictures. Maybe you have to change
          the
          > preferences so you can view the messages on the web? Not sure.
          > Kim

        • hoglife
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 19, 2002
            Hey! Frank, I've never tracked bear,you said flies were around?When hunting
            hog,there are flies around and most times I can smell the hog,do bears have
            a rank smell to them?
            steve

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 19, 2002
              hey Frank,nice looking tracks,it would'nt surprise me if it was three
              together due to bear population in the Ocala area,did you run into
              any scat?
              steve
            • mangas86