?dont think it is fungal mycorrhizae?

  • fightingtwobearsoftheoneidas
    Message 1 of 146 , May 29, 2001
      Hello again, Im almost certain that they are deer
      hairs. I have compared them to deer hair, and they are
      identical. They even break at the same amount of pressure,
      when I pull on them. I am probably 95% sure it is deer
      hair. The only theory I can think of, is that when the
      leaves from previous years decompose the hair does not
      decompose that fast, and the new leaves cover up the hair.
      Would any body want to take alook in thier woods and
      see if there is deer hair also under the leaves? So
      we can have a wider view on this. Thank's and let me
      know what you find.<br> Fighting-Two-Bears
    • __tracker__
      Message 146 of 146 , Dec 28, 2001
        I found some really good mink tracks along the
        river yesterday. I don't know how common these are, but
        in this area, I have never found them. I have found
        them further north of me. But my area seems to be the
        territory of river otters. Anyone know how rare mink are?
        Are they fairly common nowadays?