[Animal Rights Debate Club] Re: Call the dc police now, legal protesters being illegally arrested

  • dadto8sofar
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2002
      > Ummmmm, these people are angry and they're trying to make a point.
      Just like ALF and ELF. But, ALF doesn't harm people or animals in the
      process.
      > *Colleen* (Catwoman) Sometimes people have to use force to get
      their point across.

      Colleen, Let me see if I understand you correctly. You think that
      the police should not deter these people from their "legal" protests,
      but you also realize that some of these people are there to do
      violence in order to "get their point across". It seems that not
      only do you support violence, but you are against the authorities
      protecting people and property from these morons.
    • Colleen Klaum
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2002
        Look, I support people who speak up for what they believe in. And I'm sure that alot of these people, or at least some of them weren't violent in anyway and got screwed for it too.
        *Colleen* (Catwoman)

        dadto8sofar wrote:> Ummmmm, these people are angry and they're trying to make a point.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2002
          Peaceful civil disobedience is one thing, but this is not the case
          here. "Speaking up" is light years away from violence and
          destruction, not to mention extreme obsenity. It's no wonder many of
          these guys are Animal Rights activists (as well) - being so, they are
          protecting their self-interests. If anyone commits the crimes that
          many of these people in DC are commiting or attempting to commit,
          they ask for and rightfully receive public humiliation, arrest and
          imprisonment.

          > Look, I support people who speak up for what they believe in. And
          I'm sure that alot of these people, or at least some of them weren't
          violent in anyway and got screwed for it too.
          > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
          >
          > dadto8sofar wrote:> Ummmmm, these people are angry and they're
          trying to make a point.
          > Just like ALF and ELF. But, ALF doesn't harm people or animals in
          the
          > process.
          > > *Colleen* (Catwoman) Sometimes people have to use force to get
          > their point across.
          >

          > Colleen, Let me see if I understand you correctly. You think that
          > the police should not deter these people from their "legal"
          protests,
          > but you also realize that some of these people are there to do
          > violence in order to "get their point across". It seems that not
          > only do you support violence, but you are against the authorities
          > protecting people and property from these morons.

          Service.

          > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts,
          and warmth to our souls."

          > Colleen Klaum
          >
          > "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with
          men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
          Immanuel Kant

        • Colleen Klaum
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 30, 2002
            Excuse me, I'm AR too and not violent in any way. I have seen some of this civil disobedience for myself over the weekend when they broadcast it. A bunch of people speaking out for what they believe in. I'm not sure exactly what goes on in the streets, the marches, but if I had a way of showing up there myself, I would.
            *Colleen* (Catwoman) And don't assume that all AR people are the same.

            dadto8sofar wrote:Peaceful civil disobedience is one thing, but this is not the case