Colleen's vegetables

  • razorhead145
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hey Colleen...

      You never did let us know how your garden did.

      You should be just about ready to start picking peppers. We're
      getting early California melons here; Our tomatoes are a touch ahead
      due to the un-Godly hot and humid weather. Blueberries were good, but
      we may have lost 80% of our apples to a late frost, peaches about the
      same. Strawberries were a flat bust. Pumpkins are small this year,
      due to the extended dry spell in late June and July, but there's
      going to be plenty of them.
    • Colleen Klaum
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
        My mom planted the garden in her yard for me, and takes care of it too. I am assuming that by the heat and lack of rain here (and because she hasn't brought anything down yet) that nothing is ready for the picking yet. She has told me that the tomatoes are still green (that's what I get for starting late).
        *Colleen*

        razorhead145 wrote:Hey Colleen...

        You never did let us know how your garden did.

        You should be just about ready to start picking peppers. We're
        getting early California melons here; Our tomatoes are a touch ahead
        due to the un-Godly hot and humid weather. Blueberries were good, but
        we may have lost 80% of our apples to a late frost, peaches about the
        same. Strawberries were a flat bust. Pumpkins are small this year,
        due to the extended dry spell in late June and July, but there's
        going to be plenty of them.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Colleen Klaum