Re: A possibly disgusting aside...

  • imderanged5402
    Message 1 of 6476 , Dec 3, 2001
      I am an agnostic because I don't believe it can
      be proven either way if there is a higher force, but
      I definatly don't believe in the christian god the
      poster was refering to.<br><br>Anyway, it doesn't matter
      what the majority's religious belifs are, the
      GOVERNMENT (not the people of the government) must be
      without religion, or god, and there for by defination
      A-THEIST (a-, without ; theist, god....and atheism is a
      lack of belif, not a belif system, not a religion.)
      For there to be a true seperation of church and
      state. This may not be the way some people want it, but
      consitutionally, this is how it has to be. MY real problem was
      with the idea that "we" would somehow be superior to
      an "atheist" nation in our morals....look at all the
      wonderful things state suported religion is doing over in
      the middle east! Any one of any faith or lack there
      of can be totally moral, or completly lack morals.
      Message 6476 of 6476 , Feb 6, 2002