Re: Challenge to PETA

  • bella822
    Message 1 of 6476 , Jul 1, 2001
      Undoubtedly, PETA is the largest and most well
      known animal rights organization. They were and still
      are the front runners in the animal rights
      movement.<br><br>Their tactics have been successful in the past but they
      have crossed the line from "shocking" people into
      listening to annoying people with absurdity. <br><br>A long
      time ago, a very wise woman told me that I would be
      much more effective if I could express more love and
      less hate and a very wise man advised me to do the
      same, as my words would "shed more light and less
      heat." That advice was the greatest gift in my animal
      rights career and I have passed it on to others along
      the way.<br><br>PETA should focus more on advertising
      the beauty of nature and love for its creatures.
      Guilliani happens to be an animal lover and probably could
      have been a great AR ally if not for the attacks on
      him.<br><br>My experience has taught me that we are more likely
      to respond to pleas for love and compassion than
      attacks on other human beings. PETA has fallen into the
      trap that the anti-ar's set for them. It's about time
      that they wake up and smell the coffee. <br><br>When
      you live in a world where the majority of the people
      care about animals (especially cats and dogs because
      they are familiar with them) but the laws and culture
      do not reflect that compassion, it is clear that the
      AR's are NOT doing their jobs and are certainly NOT as
      effective as they think they are.
      Message 6476 of 6476 , Feb 6, 2002