Re: Disillusionment with vegetarianism

  • BlueEyedPleco
    Message 1 of 6476 , Jun 30, 2001
      Interesting stuff. Unfortunatly you often don't
      know who is telling the truth. <br><br>There are still
      other issues with meat production such as excessive
      cruelity, abuse of people (I'v read whole articles on how
      the slaugherhouses exploit people and take desperate
      immigrants) and other enviromental problems caused by factory
      not eating meat causes any inconveinience at all.
      Unless you are living out in a very cold climate. I
      spoke with someone visiting Alaska and I was told not
      eating meat is a hardship there. Most grocery stores
      have plenty of non meat options. Being strict vegan on
      the other hand requires checking lots of labels and
      IHO is an inconveinience. Also while everything has
      vegan made products, I've found these are always more
      costly.
      Message 6476 of 6476 , Feb 6, 2002