Re: Skunked

  • lionofnarnia
    Message 1 of 6476 , Nov 1, 2000
      ***To me a deer is just another highly evolved
      mammal like ourselves out there making a living. A deer
      is someone who lives a primative wild lifestyle.
      do.****<br><br>A mountain lion is also a highly evolved
      mammal.<br>It lives a primitive lifestyle.<br>Whose right to
      life takes precedence, the lion's or the
      deer's?<br>Human hunters, in part, are living closer to the primal
      life style.<br>Human hunters support their lives with
      the lives of the deer.<br>Is a mountain lion "more
      equel" than a human?<br><br>Humans evolved as predators.
      Omnivore hunter-gatherers. Argue against that and you put
      yourself against a mountain of biological,
      anthropological, and archeological evidence. The historic
      transition from hunter-gather to staple-grain agriculture is
      so recent as to be practicaly nil.<br><br>Human
      culture evolves much faster though. We have a large
      percentage of people so divorced from the natural world they
      really believe their existence can be seperate from
      death. They also hold humans to some artificial standard
      of behavior that is absent through the rest of
      nature.<br><br>If we are "just animals" then we should not be held
      to some artificial standard. If we are more "than
      animals" then there exists the possibility we have both
      responsibilities and privelages. But as living beings we exist
      only through death.<br><br>Hunters recognize this.
      Message 6476 of 6476 , Feb 6, 2002