I am rambling

  • bella822
    Message 1 of 6476 , Jun 1, 2000
      lol ok let me try this again. I dont know how
      else to explain this except to just explain what Im
      thinking. Maybe someone will catch on and explain it better
      lol<br><br>My family is very opposed to my beliefs. I was
      raised in a family that eats meat, supports animal
      research, etc. However, I have had my AR views from when I
      was a very small child. <br><br>I believe that I was
      *born* with a different view of animals than other
      people. It certainly wasnt *taught* to me. I didnt
      suddenly meet a group of AR's and get brainwashed.
      because of my beliefs. I have talked to other AR's who
      had similar experiences. It almost as if others just
      dont understand our feelings. That is a major part of
      the reason why AR's tend to hide from the opposition
      sometimes. We sincerely get upset and depressed about these
      issues but sometimes the worst part is feeling like
      noone understands what you feel and feeling so
      different in your psychological makeup from the general
      population. <br><br>Here's an example: we found a little baby
      kitten the other day. He was so tiny that he fit into my
      palm. As soon as I looked at him I fell in love with
      him. He was so little and so cute. His little eyes
      were barely open. He was so fearful of us. He held
      onto me with his little claws and it broke my heart. I
      immediately thought of all the other little kittens that we
      dont find - that are out on the streets all the time
      and dont have homes. <br><br>I look at stray animals
      and I love them. I want to take care of them and make
      sure they are ok. Other people (going to an extreme
      for the sake of making the point clearer) come across
      them in the street and intentionally run them over for
      fun. <br><br>It seems evident even in some children. I
      have two little cousins. One of them always hugs and
      plays with the cats. The other one tries to pull their
      tails, wants to kick them, etc.<br><br>Ugh Im struggling
      here. lol I'll keep trying - give me a few days to get
      this straight.
      Message 6476 of 6476 , Feb 6, 2002