***WARNING***

  • no_one_bil
    Message 1 of 6476 , Feb 1, 2000
      In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly
      bear conflicts, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game
      is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to
      take�extra precautions and keep alert of bears while in the
      field.<br><br>"We advise outdoorsmen to wear noisy little bells on
      their clothing so as not to startle bears that aren't
      expecting them.� <br>�<br>We also advise outdoorsmen to
      carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter
      with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch out for
      fresh signs of bear activity.� <br>�<br>Outdoorsmen
      should recognize the difference between black bear and
      grizzly bear manure:<br><br>Black bear manure is smaller
      and contains lots of berries and squirrel
      fur.<br><br>Grizzly bear manure has little bells in it and smells
      like pepper."
      Message 6476 of 6476 , Feb 6, 2002