RE: Rushville, IND * SHELTER WORKERS CAN BE WORST ABUSERS

  • Patricia Breen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      From: "Susan Trear" <STrear@...>
      Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:46:18 -0800
      Subject:RE: Rushville, IND SHELTER WORKERS CAN BE WORST ABUSERS

      Of course, just as fires are so often set by the firemen themselves, even by Fire Chiefs, because they are attracted to fire like any firebug, we see this same egregious occurrence in shelters throughout the country. Those whose issues compel them to find situations in which they can alleviate their stress and and mask personal frailties through abuse of small living things (including children, I might add), will find them in hands-on shelter positions. In smaller shelters, where there is little or no oversight, cruelty may reign, and power plays and manipulation of rescue groups establish a reign of terror for animals and rescuers alike. It is clear from the get-go of this situation that Jack Hill may well fall into this category. One has only to read the gruesome details of his failed history as a dog-and/or cat-killer. He really must go immediately, since I am quite certain without reading it that Mr. Hill's actions fly in the face of any Mission Statement
      that Rushville may have created for their "pound" or even for their City. It is pretty clear that this has become a media event, and a nationwide news item, all negative marketing for Rushville. The Mayor and Council who immediately set this situation right are the ones who will do the most to save Rushville from a barrage of criticism and bad press from the public. Defenders of Mr. Hill or the Mayor, who also ordered additional injections to poor Gabby, have already positioned and identified themselves in the category I mentioned above, as perpetrators. Without an appreciation of the heart and mind of every living being in a given jurisdiction, such as a town or city, hamlet or parish, one cannot further the interests of their citizens for the benefit of all.

      Susan A. Trear
      Assistant to
      A Law Firm
      Irvine, CA 92614
      Dir: 949.851.7466
      Fax: 949.752.0597
      From: banks_marj@...
      To: herbdiane@...; bananakaboom@...;
      Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:41:40 -0500

      I talked with a reporter today who said they are trying to blame it all on her and she might loose her job, because she "blew the whistle". They confiscated her computer not Jacks'. Jack is the ONLY one that euthanizes there. Also, meds and records are no longer there. She is fearful for her life as this is a "Good old boy town" according to my source. This is 3rd time involving 5 dogs, all put down by Jack.

      Marjorie Banks-DoxiMom Rescue
      banks_marj@...
      423-596-3760
      SPCAofTN Shelter Director
      www.spcatn.org
      Also
      USAP - Director
      www.USAnimalprotection.org
      animalshelterreform@yahoogroups.com
      1-888-685-1499

      Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:58:29 -0800
      From: bananakaboom@...
      Subject: Rushville, IND
      To: arianthor@...; banks_marj@...; jbishop_1@msn.
      CC: mayor@...; secretary@...; clerk@...; deputyclerk@...

      No state is perfect when it comes to managing an overabundance of companion animals, but if true the below actions are downright f_cking REPREHENSIBLE.

      "When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift