International Anti-Fur Coalition Protests New York City

  • Kerri Milam
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1 3:19 PM
      ****Cross Post Freely****

      Saturday, 11-3-07 at 2:00 PM

      Does the picture above offend you? Does it leave you with feelings of disgust and anger at the designer and the washed up, has-been actress using the beautiful skins of once living and sentient beings for a photo op? Does this sight turn your stomach? If so, join us on Saturday, November 3rd as we protest Fendi and the other offensive fur designers Escada, Burberry and Prada.

      Date/Time: Saturday, November 3, 2007 at 2:00 PM

      Place: 677 Fifth Ave. (just north of 53rd Street)

      Targets: Fendi, Escada, Prada, Burberry

      Note: Posters and flyers will be provided. Just bring yourself, your passion and a loud voice to speak out for the suffering animals. If you are artistic and would prefer, feel free to bring your own sign. We will start at the offending Fendi store on Fifth Avenue, near 53rd Street and then move to the other targets along Fifth Avenue. Not much walking as all of these are between 53rd and 57th Streets. Protests will last approximately 2 hours. Our protests will be peaceful and legal and we will be in total compliance with all local ordinances. If you have any question about this, please feel free to contact us, as there has been much misinformation disseminated about our protests and activities. Also please mark your calendars now for Friday, November 23rd when we will celebrate Fur Free Friday in New York City.
      Details will be released soon.

      If you cannot join the protests in person, consider writing or calling in your protest:

      677 Fifth Avenue
      New York, NY 10022
      e-mail: customer.service@...

      715 Fifth Avenue
      New York, NY 10022
      Fax: 1-212-832-3750

      Prada Fifth Avenue
      724 5th Avenue
      New York, NY 10019
      Fax: 1-212-664-0020

      9 E. 57th St.
      New York, NY 10022
      Fax: 1-212-355-9870

      Busy on Saturday? Consider joining us for a candlelight vigil on Sunday, November 4th at 6:00 PM, when we will be honoring the life of animal liberation activist Barry Horne, who died on November 5th. The location, to be announced, will be related to Huntingdon Life Sciences. To find out more visit our Yahoo calendar at: http://calendar.yahoo.com/winanimalrights

      For more info contact Win Animal Rights at: centcom@...
      Call: 646.267.9934 or visit the WAR website at: http://war-online.org

      W.A.R. (WIN ANIMAL RIGHTS) is an independent non-profit organization not affiliated or associated with SHAC, SHAC USA or any other group or organization and does not conduct or incite any illegal activity. The above information is not meant to incite or request any illegal actions or illegal activities of any kind. If you have any questions about the legality of any act, we encourage everyone receiving this (or the) action alert(s) to check your local laws and ordinances before proceeding to do anything.

      The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who
      are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
      -Albert Einstein

      Do You Yahoo!?