FW: [ncanimalrescuenetwork] ADVOCACY: Petition to get laws for farm animal transport

  • Karen Loveless
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      TJxc2R1YjZyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzk4NDAyNTUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAyMzU3NTM3BG1zZ
      0lkAzUyMjIEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTE1NzA1MTU5Ng--> ADVOCACY:
      Petition to get laws for farm animal transport
      Posted by: "Julie Smith"
      <mailto:ogas@...?Subject=Re:%20ADVOCACY%3A%20Petition%20to%20get%2
      0laws%20for%20farm%20animal%20transport> ogas@...
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/ogasjulie> ogasjulie
      Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:31 am (PST)

      Not only can we help the dogs and cats in our area, please take a
      minute to sign this petition about the cruel transport of animals
      on the way to butcher. I've passed these trucks on the highway
      many times here lately and it's just horrendous. The first time I
      noticed a truck... I was on the way home from work and started
      smelling pee. But it wasn't cat pee (the usual smell in my car
      due to all the feral transport abuse it takes...). It smelled
      like human pee. Then I came up on a large truck and realized
      there were eyes peering at me and noses stuck through the holes,
      trying to get some fresh air. The truck was full of pigs crammed
      on top of each other. I started to cry. Now I know what the
      trucks look like and will go 45 mph if I have to - to stay away
      from them..... It's just plain cruel.

      "Stop Abuse of Farmed Animals during Transport"

      <http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/952614565>