Re: [Animal Rights Activist Resources] Hello I'm a newbie & run an online animal rights t-shirt shop

  • ITD
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14 12:01 PM
      There are two major reasons why Cafepress and animal rights sit
      uncomfortably in the same paragraph. Apart from sourcing most of its items
      for sale from China (which many of us are boycotting due to the skinning
      alive of animals), Cafepress is also a business partner of the notorious
      savetoby.com site. Cafepress have been informed but claim it's not their
      responsibility.

      If you want to sell items online, there are more ethical companies you could
      partner with! Our colleagues at Sirius GAO have an online store at
      http://sirius.2kat.net/shops.html (partnered with spreadshirt.com) and sell
      only quality merchandise from ethical suppliers.

      Of course everyone is free to buy what they want - it's down to our
      individual consciences.

      Russ Fletcher
      UK Coordinator
      ITD
      http://itstheirdestiny.2kat.net

      Message 2 of 2 , May 14 12:55 PM
        I'm assuming you're not a big fan of Peta then being
        their shop is also located there. Your information is
        definately interesting & to be considered however I
        would say that small businesses such as mine have to
        have the largest exposure in order to get the message
        out. If the shop that you're talking about has that
        same multi-million shop base then I would be
        interested. I have also been wary of stopping my
        message because of multi-tiered connections because it
        doesn't help me to rage alone about inequity &
        unfairness. When I'm able to make that change I will.

        Thanks for the info.