[AnimalsInNeed] URGENT! - Falmouth, Kentucky - Typical and uncaring!! Kentucky Shelter Needs Help Fast!!! County Idiocy rampant!

  • Monet Mazzola
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2006
      Katie Walter <katie.walter@...> wrote: Contact: lilyj7303@... (@...) if you can help.

      Located at 1314 Bryan Griffin Road, Falmouth, Kentucky 41040,

      From: "Bobbie" baspi@...
      Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:12:31 -0500
      Kentucky Shelter needs help fast

      The city fathers, who have not visited or bothered with this shelter for several years, has now decided to order the dogs killed. This shelter worker has been diligent in finding homes and rescues and works hard to get them placed.

      Please we need help. We need adoptions and we need people with some clout to let these city officials know that you do not mess with what has always worked in the past.

      If anyone can help please contact Jonni. She is a very nice lady, I did a transport for her not long ago.

      Also if anyone had any contact to get media involved anything please talk to her. Thank you.
      lilyj7303@...

      Bobbie--
      I am in desperate need, well, actually the dogs in our shelter are. We are experiencing "County Idiocy" in that the magistrates in our county have decided that we hold on to dogs too long--that we should euthanize more dogs as opposed to enforcing animal control laws because it makes people mad, and the County Prosecutor throws the cases out....so who needs to pay attention to the rules, right? Anyway, we have 4 Katrina Pit Bulls who are incredible--they are the best dogs I've ever encountered. We have had them since early November, and now, because a county official made his first visit to the shelter in two years (no joke) and saw that they were in our shelter for so long, he is demanding that all dogs over their hold time of 7 days be killed. Please help me, I am beyond depressed. I am ready to kill myself, or someone who works in the county. I simply can't be a part of this. And, to that end, I am prepared to get the media machine in motion and tear apart every GOOD
      thing I've had written about what we do there at the shelter, and label it a killing machine run by the county so they take the heat. I'm so sorry to vent, I just don't know where to turn.

      Please help--
      Jonni, PCAS

      We are the Pendleton County Animal Shelter www.pcas-cares@...

      We are located at 1314 Bryan Griffin Road, Falmouth, Kentucky 41040,
      Phone: 859-472-5400

      We don't just have Pits, we have a Boxer mix whose pups have all been adopted, we have a German Short Haired Pointer/black Lab mix pup named Marley, we have a nursing mother and her three newborn pups, we have others, but I'm so scattered right now, I simply can't think. It's just terrifying.

      Thanks, for whatever you can do,
      Jonni
      who have not visited or bothered with this shelter for several years has now decided to order the dogs killed. This shelter worker has been diligent in finding homes and rescues and works hard to get them placed.

      Please we need help. We need adoptions and we need people with some clout to let these city officials know that you do not mess with what has always worked in the past.

      Post message: AnimalsInNeed@yahoogroups.com

      Animal traps Animal control Animal rights Animal right shirt Animal rights activists

    • Victoria Wagner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006
        TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN,
        WHAT ARE THE ADOPTION FEES FOR THESE PITBULLS, I HAVE TWO OF MY OWN PLUS 4 MIX BREEDS, I LIVE IN OHIO AND HAVE NO WAY OF TRANSPORTATION TO ADOPT THESE ANIMALS I SURE WISH I DID, I'D TAKE THEM IN A HEART BEAT. I'D SURE LOVE TO BRING THEM INTO MY HAPPY HOME. I MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND ARE TRYING TO OPEN AN ANIMAL SHELTER HERE FOR ABUSED AND HOMELESS ANIMALS. WE HAVE A DOG POUND HERE BUT THE PUT ALL PITBULLS TO SLEEP AND ALL MEAN DOGS TO SLEEP BUT I CAN'T SEE THAT, EVERYONE NEEDS A CHANCE. THEN WE HAVE THE APL(ANIMAL PROTECTIVE LEAUGE) WHICH DON'T PROTECT ANYTHING. I HAVE 6 DOGS, 4OF THEM I TOOK OFF THE STREET AND I HAVE 6 CATS 5 OF THEM I TOOK OFF THE STREET AND THIS IS WHY I WANT MY OWN SHELTER, MY HOUSE IS GETTING A LITTLE TO SMALL FOR ALL OF US BUT I'D STILL TAKE ANIMALS IN, I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO SLEEP OUTSIDE JUST TO KEEP THESE ANIMALS SAFE. I KNOW THIS MAY NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT I FIGURED I HAD TO SAY
        SOMETHING, IF YOU WOULD WALK INTO OUR SHELTER OUT HERE IN OHIO, IT'S A MESS, I MEAN A MESS. WELL THANK YOU FOR READING, IF YOU DO.....

        From: "Bobbie" baspi@...
        Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:12:31 -0500
[...]

        Animal rights activists Stuffed animals Animal control Animal right shirt Animal figurine Animal lover gifts