Fw: [StopNightmareDogIndustries] Fw: BBC NEWS England London Animal rights group target Heathrow

  • SinDee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Rita
      Subject: [StopNightmareDogIndustries] Fw: BBC NEWS England London
      Animal rights group target Heathrow
      Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:31:12 -0500

      Animal rights group target Heathrow

      By Louise Scrivens

      BBC News, London

      Heathrow Airport is being targeted by protesters over claims live
      animals are being imported for laboratory research.

      Monkeys in a cage

      Protestors claim thousands of animals are imported for testing

      An anti-import campaign was launched in January called Gateway to Hell.

      John Milton from the campaign said they will hold constant protests
      until the west London airport stopped allowing animals to be imported.

      Gateway to Hell is the latest attempt to stop animals being used for
      medical research.

      Police are investigating a number of recent attacks on the homes and
      vehicles of some airport transport executives and said it was unknown
      who was responsible at this stage.

      Mr Milton said Manchester Airport and airport operator BAA's
      headquarters in London were also being targeted.

      Members of the group are also involved with Stop Huntingdon Animal
      Cruelty (Shac) which has co-ordinated years of protests against
      Huntingdon Life Sciences, a medical testing company based near
      Cambridge.

      Sabotage is a side issue compared to the violence committed against
      animals

      Keith Mann, Gateway to Hell

      "If we didn't think we could stop the airports we wouldn't have set up
      the campaign," said Mr Milton.

      He claims each year thousands of mice, birds, monkeys and other animals
      are imported through airports to be used in medical experiments.

      To read the entire article:
      [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4311707.stm%5d