The Animal Wish List Group

  • Barb
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      {{PLEASE CROSSPOST}}

      Animal Wish List
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AnimalWishList/
      This is a group just getting off the ground. It is a place where pet owners, rescuers, organizations, and concerned citizens can come together to post messages about the items, supplies, volunteer work, and/or funds, etc., they need help with in caring for animals. If you can fulfill any wish list, please do so for the sake of the animals.

      The idea for this group was based on a true story. A young member of my pet group (who is a volunteer worker for a shelter), posted a message in the pet group seeking help with providing medication to several of the shelter dogs that had tapeworms. At the time of her request, the shelter did not have the medication to treat the dogs, and the dogs
      needed treatment. Because of her small request (made out of love for those sick dogs), I decided to create a group where everyone could go to post an "animal wish list" for items, medicine, shelter, funds for emergency surgeries, etc. Those individuals more fortunate than others will hopefully help in fulfilling these lists.
      So you see, there are those who have Wish Lists that need help.

      When posting a Wish List, please make sure you state your location,
      what is needed, and provide CONTACT information in your post.
      If you have items to offer, please do the same by stating your
      location, item/supplies offered, and contact information in your post.
      Keep in mind, this is a "WISH" list and not a place to sell products or animals.
      This is a charity group. A place where we can help our fellow brethren to take care of God's blessed creatures.
      We should all be working with each other for the sake of the animals.

      Just so you will know, I am no professional. I am just a concerned
      animal lover who seeks to help others and their animals.
      If any of you have advice, ideas, whatever..in helping to make this
      list flourish for those in need, please speak up. All help will be most
      appreciated!
      Thank you,
      Barbara Bagley