Re: really stressed

  • shari_r0
    Message 1 of 2844 , Sep 20, 2000
      I am stressed and depressed over it all, too. I
      have written so many people, judges, congressman, and
      senators and over this year and only one responded, and he
      said it was out of his control. It seems everyday I
      hear of some new terror an animal has suffered and it
      haunts me. I cant seem to not think about that dog in
      New Jersey that was hogtied and kicked to death in
      front of a bunch of people. I always think of the fear
      and pain and it breaks my heart. The only thing that
      keeps me going is the few success stories. Which are
      fantastic, I just wish that people as a whole would
      understand that animals feel fear and pain, and to be
      compassionatte to that. Right now I have people responding to my
      ad in Yahoo telling me animals are stupid and it
      doesnt matter if they die because they are here for
      food. People like that are the problem (Its called
      ignorance!) But I just wanted you to know you are not alone.
      And I will keep going strong too!!
    • veganelfgirl
      Message 2844 of 2844 , Feb 7 3:25 PM
        Join with concerned citizens, celebrities,
        political and noted animal rights leaders to help stop
        cruel factory farming practices in New Jersey and
        across the United States. New Jersey is the only state
        with legislation<br>requiring the development of
        standards for the "humane" raising of farm animals, and it
        is in position to lead the nation in banning
        inhumane farming practices. <br>Certain farming practices
        are clearly inhumane, and must therefore be outlawed
        in New Jersey. Please be part of this historic
        campaign, and help prohibit cruel factory farming.
        Confirmed speakers include: Mary <br>Tyler Moore, Grant
        Aleksander, Peter Singer, Howard Lyman, Wayne Pacelle, David
        Wolfson, Gene and Lorri Bauston, and Sue Coe. The event is
        being organized by Farm Sanctuary, and sponsored by
        Compassion in World Farming, the Fund for Animals, and the
        Humane Society of the United States.<br><br>The
        conference will be held at the Lafayette Yard Marriott in
        downtown Trenton, NJ on Sunday, April 7th, from 9 am to
        8pm. And the Rally will be held at the State Capitol,
        two blocks from the hotel, on Monday morning<br>from
        10am to noon.<br><br>To register please see
        against factory farming in New Jersey is available at
        traveling from New York City to the event, and a special
        package is being offered. For more information, or to
        register please call 607-583-2225 or email
        campaign@.... <br><br>If you have questions, or to register
        over the phone, please call 607-583-2225.<br><br>Farm
        Sanctuary Events