LETTER: Don’t Let Dublin Zoo Get Another Hippo

  • Bonnie West
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2002
      Alert by FeralPlace@... (aol.com)

      SOURCE: http://www.peta-online.org/alert/automation/AlertItem.asp?id=592

      CONTACT:
      Doug Murray, Venue Manager
      Tivoli Theatre
      135-136 Francis St.
      Dublin 8
      Tel.: 011-353-1-454-4472
      Fax: 011-353-1-453-3167

      SAMPLE LETTER:

      Mr. Murray:

      The following letter accurately expresses my views regarding this issue.

      I am very concerned after learning that a hippopotamus recently choked to death on a tennis ball at the Dublin Zoo and the zoo is currently looking for a “replacement” for her. I understand that the Tivoli Theatre is raising money through ticket sales to donate to the zoo for the purchase of another hippo.

      The money being raised should be directed toward programs that actually benefit animals, such as efforts to protect hippos in the wild. Alternatively, the money could be donated to the zoo with the stipulation that it only be used to improve the enclosure for the two hippos who are kept there now. Please do not help the Dublin Zoo acquire yet another animal who cannot be properly cared for and exploited for profit.

      Sincerely,