Fw: Humane Education Workshops!

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      QUESTIONS? ASK DIRECTLY AT: info@...
      ---- Original Message ----- From: L. French Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 11:13 PMSubject: Humane Education Announcement
      The International Institute for Humane Education ("IIHE") (Zoe Weil's
      organization up in Maine) is bringing its Sowing Seeds Humane Education
      Workshop to New York City next spring.

      Sowing Seeds is a dynamic, interactive 2-day workshop that trains
      teachers and activists to be effective humane educators. The workshop
      teaches participants to effectively communicate humane issues, especially
      at the secondary school level, and enables them to:

      **Present information in a way that builds credibility and respect.
      **Frame the issues in a compelling, exciting and innovative manner.
      **Develop a series of presentations for schools or community groups.
      **Connect with other people interested in humane education.

      WORKSHOP SCHEDULE:

      --NYC: April 26-27, 2003 (at UFT offices, 52 Broadway)

      --Pittsburgh: June 6-7, 2003 (location TBA)

      --Surry, Maine HQs: July 26-27, 2003

      Sliding scale fee (based on income). Contact IIHE for a registration form and more details at:
      www.IIHEd.org or call 207.667.1025. E-mail: info@...

      Livi French
      The Caring Corps
      NYC

      P.S. This year IIHE has been offered the promise of a matching gift. All
      donations received by January 31, 2003, up to a total of $5,000, will be
      matched dollar for dollar by an anonymous donor. If you've never given to
      IIHE before, this is the best year to start. (Donations of $75 or more
      receive, on request, a one-year gift subscription to Satya Magazine.)

      Colleen Klaum

      Be the voice for the voiceless, join our group today: