New member here

  • sandita01
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hi. I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I just joined the group
      a few minutes ago. I'm a resident of a northern suburb of Chicago who
      has been a practicing vegetarian for about eight years. I've been
      aware of and involved with animal rights and welfare for nearly that
      long. This is an issue I am very, very passionate about. So far, the
      only ways in which I've been able to contribute are by donating funds
      to various organization and by volunteering at a local animal
      shelter. (Just to inform you of this-I do believe this is very
      important-but the place I work at is a no-kill shelter.) Anyway, I
      would like to meet other people who are also interested in changing
      the treatment of animals and educating the general public on the
      matter and doing what they can do inform people of just what this is
      about and what the goal of it is. I look forward to talking to you
      all on here! Take care for now.

      -Sandra
    • Colleen Klaum
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2002
        Welcome to the group Sandra :-)
        *Colleen* (Catwoman)

        sandita01 wrote:Hi. I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I just joined the group
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Colleen Klaum

      • Jim Melanson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2002
          Hi,

          I wanted to check with the group and see if anyone is within a reasonable
          distance of Newmarket, Ontario. I'd like set up an information table for
          WFAD (World Farm Animal Day - Oct 2nd) but would need at least one other
          persons assistance. If you are in the area and willing to help out please
          let me know at jim@...

          I'd like to try for Upper Canada Mall but would have to make the
          arrangements really quick. Other venue suggestions would be appreciated. If
          anyone has an event planned for WFAD in the Newmarket/Georgina Township
          area, please let me know as well.

          Best Wishes,
          Jim Melanson

          President & Founder