CompassionFest (Please Cross Post!)

  • laaryan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2002
      Hello. My name is Carolyn Evans and I am the Event Director for
      CompassionFest. I am writing to tell you about this exciting event
      scheduled to take place in Cincinnati on Sunday, September 22, 2002.
      CompassionFest 2002 is a youth-oriented celebration designed to
      educate and promote positive interaction with all animal life.
      CompassionFest will feature informational booths, keynote speakers,
      animal-friendly food and merchandise vendors, and live
      entertainment. The most exciting addition to our schedule of events
      is the adoption ceremony of "Freedom", the famous Cincinnati cow who
      escaped a Camp Washington slaughterhouse in early February and went
      on the run for 11 days. Freedom now lives at Farm Sanctuary in
      Watkins Glen, NY after the artist Peter Max made provisions for
      her to be relocated to this well known sanctuary. Although she is
      expected to live the rest of her life in peace at Farm Sanctuary,
      a "cow-alition" of local organizations, spearheaded by EarthSave
      Cincinnati, have come together to sponsor Freedom through the Adopt-a-
      Farm-Animal Program and she will forever be a part of our Cincinnati

      CompassionFest is the brainchild of Ryan Courtade, 16-year-old
      President of Love All Animals. He hopes that this event will make a
      difference in the hearts and minds of the youth who attend. Ryan has
      been a shining example of animal rights activism for nearly a decade,
      having founded Love All Animals when he was just nine years old.
      Love All Animals of Northern Kentucky, along with Cincinnati-based
      Happy Tails and the national organization, In Defense of Animals, are
      co-sponsoring this event. As the Director of Happy Tails, I am now
      working closely with the student organizers, focusing my attention on
      raising much-needed funds. Please consider helping CompassionFest in
      one of the following ways:

      1. FUNDING: First and foremost, we are in desperate need of
      funds to ensure that the event will not be cancelled. EarthSave
      Cincinnati has offered a generous Pledge Challenge to help us meet
      our $2,000 fundraising goal. They have agreed to match up to $300 in
      donations that we raise from local organizations. Can you make a
      donation of $100 or more to help us meet this
      2. PARTICIPATION: Second, do you represent an organization that
      would like to join us as an Exhibitor. We are still accepting
      applications for booths and would like to enhance our event with more
      organizations that can convey a message of compassion. Additionally,
      we would consider adding speakers if you can recommend someone who
      can convey an appropriate message to our target audience.
      3. VOLUNTEERS: Finally, we are still recruiting individuals to
      join our core organizing team or to assist at the event. If you or
      someone you know is interested in becoming a core or event day
      volunteer, please contact Ryan Courtade at: info@....

      For more information, please visit our website at:
      Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to seeing you at
      CompassionFest 2002.

      Kind Regards,

      Carolyn Evans