Save Animals from the Fur Trade

  • politicalanimal13
    Message 1 of 2844 , Sep 1, 2001
      We can save animals, and help bring down the fur
      industry, with your help! The fur industry is trying to
      promote their brutal product online, but this gives us an
      opportunity to expose the fur trade for what it
      is.<br><br>Yahoo has had a lot of fur clubs open up recently, and
      it up to people that care about animals to make sure
      that people joining these clubs understand what really
      happens to animals on fur farms and
      traplines.<br><br>Some of us have put together an anti fur club to act
      as a home base for educating potential fur buyers of
      why they should not spend their money on fur. Please
      come join the Fur Is Not Alive club at
      and go to those places to spread the word about fur,
      and the killing of animals for vanity. <br><br>Many
      of the pro fur clubs have closed down because animal
      rights activists turned them into educational forums and
      the furriers realized they were losing customers!
      Let's keep the momentum on our side! <br><br>Each year
      40 million animals are murdered in the fur industry.
      Some have their feet crushed in steel jawed leghold
      traps, others are kept in fur factory farms where they
      go crazy from confinement.<br><br>Animal rights
      activists spend a lot of time arguing amongst themselves,
      when we would do better for animals by going to where
      the people who need to hear our message
      are.<br><br>Hunters won't change their mind, but many woman that buy
      fur genuinely care about animals, and just don't know
      about the anal electrocution of foxes, and the gassing
      of mink.<br><br>Please join our club at
      clubs, responses to their main arguments, and all the
      resources you need to help the online anti fur campaign
      have tremendous success!<br><br>`
    • veganelfgirl
      Message 2844 of 2844 , Feb 7, 2002
        Join with concerned citizens, celebrities,
        political and noted animal rights leaders to help stop
        cruel factory farming practices in New Jersey and
        across the United States. New Jersey is the only state
        with legislation<br>requiring the development of
        standards for the "humane" raising of farm animals, and it
        is in position to lead the nation in banning
        inhumane farming practices. <br>Certain farming practices
        are clearly inhumane, and must therefore be outlawed
        in New Jersey. Please be part of this historic
        campaign, and help prohibit cruel factory farming.
        Confirmed speakers include: Mary <br>Tyler Moore, Grant
        Aleksander, Peter Singer, Howard Lyman, Wayne Pacelle, David
        Wolfson, Gene and Lorri Bauston, and Sue Coe. The event is
        being organized by Farm Sanctuary, and sponsored by
        Compassion in World Farming, the Fund for Animals, and the
        Humane Society of the United States.<br><br>The
        conference will be held at the Lafayette Yard Marriott in
        downtown Trenton, NJ on Sunday, April 7th, from 9 am to
        8pm. And the Rally will be held at the State Capitol,
        two blocks from the hotel, on Monday morning<br>from
        10am to noon.<br><br>To register please see
        against factory farming in New Jersey is available at
        traveling from New York City to the event, and a special
        package is being offered. For more information, or to
        register please call 607-583-2225 or email
        campaign@.... <br><br>If you have questions, or to register
        over the phone, please call 607-583-2225.<br><br>Farm
        Sanctuary Events