The Animals need YOU!

  • Mikecat1
    Message 1 of 2844 , Jun 11, 2001
      Please visit <a href=http://www.aspca.org/help/lobby.html target=new>http://www.aspca.org/help/lobby.html</a>
      and click on Legislative Action Team Program to sign
      up for LAT email alerts. Although this message was
      for the central states all 50 states can sign
      not a spectator sport. Animals can't speak for
      themselves. It's up to us to be their voice.<br><br>The ASPCA
      midwest/central states office is not doing paper legislative
      alerts at this time, only email alerts. The email alerts
      were instrumental in getting animal activists to help
      get two important pieces of legislation through the
      Illinois General Assembly this spring (HB 2391 <br>the
      Humane Euthanasia in Animal Shelters Act and SB 629 the
      companion animal hoarders bill). <br><br>In some midwest
      states we have less than 100 individuals signed up to
      receive our LAT email alerts. Please help us increase our
      list of email activists thereby increasing our chances
      of getting humane legislation passed in your state.
      email who might help on legislative issues and who
      should be on our Legislative Alert <br>Team, please
      forward this email to them. They can simply email me with
      their physical and email addresses and I'll see that
      they become a <br>member of our Legislative Alert
      Team.<br><br>To learn more about the ASPCA legislative alert
      team, simply click on ASPCA.org and go to "Voice Your
      Opinion".<br><br>Thanks for spreading the word. I greatly appreciate your
      efforts on <br>behalf of
      Gov. Affairs and Public Policy"
    • veganelfgirl
      Message 2844 of 2844 , Feb 7, 2002
        Join with concerned citizens, celebrities,
        political and noted animal rights leaders to help stop
        cruel factory farming practices in New Jersey and
        across the United States. New Jersey is the only state
        with legislation<br>requiring the development of
        standards for the "humane" raising of farm animals, and it
        is in position to lead the nation in banning
        inhumane farming practices. <br>Certain farming practices
        are clearly inhumane, and must therefore be outlawed
        in New Jersey. Please be part of this historic
        campaign, and help prohibit cruel factory farming.
        Confirmed speakers include: Mary <br>Tyler Moore, Grant
        Aleksander, Peter Singer, Howard Lyman, Wayne Pacelle, David
        Wolfson, Gene and Lorri Bauston, and Sue Coe. The event is
        being organized by Farm Sanctuary, and sponsored by
        Compassion in World Farming, the Fund for Animals, and the
        Humane Society of the United States.<br><br>The
        conference will be held at the Lafayette Yard Marriott in
        downtown Trenton, NJ on Sunday, April 7th, from 9 am to
        8pm. And the Rally will be held at the State Capitol,
        two blocks from the hotel, on Monday morning<br>from
        10am to noon.<br><br>To register please see
        against factory farming in New Jersey is available at
        traveling from New York City to the event, and a special
        package is being offered. For more information, or to
        register please call 607-583-2225 or email
        campaign@.... <br><br>If you have questions, or to register
        over the phone, please call 607-583-2225.<br><br>Farm
        Sanctuary Events