Re: Meat eaters and all:

  • VanoraSpring
    Message 1 of 2844 , May 2, 2001
      that we should first work on HOW animals are
      killed.<br>This way people could learn that inhumane acts will
      not be tolerated.<br>Then we will be able to work on
      the other "extreme" causes.<br><br>I love rats and
      laughed at by soem friends because while sitting on the
      couch I felt something on me, I screamed, jumped, and
      saw that it was an ant.<br>One of my friends got a
      magazine to SMACK it.. I said no.. and laid my hand down
      for it to crawl on and opened the door and let it
      out.<br>It may not have lived very long outside because a
      bird or human foot might have smooshed it.. but I did
      not.<br>They laughed at me and said "it's just an ant.."<br>My
      reply.. "what if you were JUST an ant?"
    • veganelfgirl
      Message 2844 of 2844 , Feb 7, 2002
        Join with concerned citizens, celebrities,
        political and noted animal rights leaders to help stop
        cruel factory farming practices in New Jersey and
        across the United States. New Jersey is the only state
        with legislation<br>requiring the development of
        standards for the "humane" raising of farm animals, and it
        is in position to lead the nation in banning
        inhumane farming practices. <br>Certain farming practices
        are clearly inhumane, and must therefore be outlawed
        in New Jersey. Please be part of this historic
        campaign, and help prohibit cruel factory farming.
        Confirmed speakers include: Mary <br>Tyler Moore, Grant
        Aleksander, Peter Singer, Howard Lyman, Wayne Pacelle, David
        Wolfson, Gene and Lorri Bauston, and Sue Coe. The event is
        being organized by Farm Sanctuary, and sponsored by
        Compassion in World Farming, the Fund for Animals, and the
        Humane Society of the United States.<br><br>The
        conference will be held at the Lafayette Yard Marriott in
        downtown Trenton, NJ on Sunday, April 7th, from 9 am to
        8pm. And the Rally will be held at the State Capitol,
        two blocks from the hotel, on Monday morning<br>from
        10am to noon.<br><br>To register please see
        against factory farming in New Jersey is available at
        traveling from New York City to the event, and a special
        package is being offered. For more information, or to
        register please call 607-583-2225 or email
        campaign@.... <br><br>If you have questions, or to register
        over the phone, please call 607-583-2225.<br><br>Farm
        Sanctuary Events