Re: No offense but.....

  • storm19330
    Message 1 of 2844 , May 1, 2001
      Sorry, but I'm not the one condemning China for
      something that they've been doing for centuries. FYI: I am
      not judging any of you--I happen to think its
      wonderful that there are people who believe strong enough
      in something that they aren't afraid to stand up to
      others but am I not entitled to MY opinion without
      getting flack for it? Believe me, I won't be posting
      anymore messages--I'll keep my opinions and beliefs to
      myself or share them with others who won't jump down my
      throat. By the way--I don't need to talk about animals to
      help them. I've been a vegetarian since I was 16,
      stopped using products tested on animals when I was 17,
      took part in a few protests with PETA, boycotted the
      lab my husband works in because of all the
      unspeakable acts they do to the mice & rats, and I help out
      at my local animal shelter on my days off. Did I
      talk about the animals enough?
    • veganelfgirl
      Message 2844 of 2844 , Feb 7, 2002
        Join with concerned citizens, celebrities,
        political and noted animal rights leaders to help stop
        cruel factory farming practices in New Jersey and
        across the United States. New Jersey is the only state
        with legislation<br>requiring the development of
        standards for the "humane" raising of farm animals, and it
        is in position to lead the nation in banning
        inhumane farming practices. <br>Certain farming practices
        are clearly inhumane, and must therefore be outlawed
        in New Jersey. Please be part of this historic
        campaign, and help prohibit cruel factory farming.
        Confirmed speakers include: Mary <br>Tyler Moore, Grant
        Aleksander, Peter Singer, Howard Lyman, Wayne Pacelle, David
        Wolfson, Gene and Lorri Bauston, and Sue Coe. The event is
        being organized by Farm Sanctuary, and sponsored by
        Compassion in World Farming, the Fund for Animals, and the
        Humane Society of the United States.<br><br>The
        conference will be held at the Lafayette Yard Marriott in
        downtown Trenton, NJ on Sunday, April 7th, from 9 am to
        8pm. And the Rally will be held at the State Capitol,
        two blocks from the hotel, on Monday morning<br>from
        10am to noon.<br><br>To register please see
        against factory farming in New Jersey is available at
        traveling from New York City to the event, and a special
        package is being offered. For more information, or to
        register please call 607-583-2225 or email
        campaign@.... <br><br>If you have questions, or to register
        over the phone, please call 607-583-2225.<br><br>Farm
        Sanctuary Events