I'm back~

  • jillserena
    Message 1 of 2844 , Mar 1 10:17 AM
      I've had to take a break from animal rights for a
      little while. I was beginning to become very stressed
      from it all, not just from this club, but from a
      number of other campaigns I've been working on, such as
      the cat problem on my campus.<br>I've barely had any
      time at all to even work on the Max campaign, thank
      heaven for Mary (VanoraSpring) who has been helping me
      with it. <br>By the way the petition now has over 2000
      signatures. <br>(see the founders homepage for more info and
      to sign)<br>I've been working on my photography and
      my music to get me back into a good mood.<br>It
      worked!<br><br>Anyway I'm back now and will be posting alerts ASAP. If
      anyone needs to contact me write to me at
      serena@... because my other email has been going over quota.
      people. All you have to do is surf through animal rights
      sites, like Peta, The Humane Society, WSPCA, ASPCA, Born
      Free Foundation, <br>(for a list of orgs look at
      post it.<br>And feel free to talk about it okay? When
      I said this isn't a debate club I mean it isn't a
      place for ONLY debating. I've seen some pretty silly
      debates in here the past few weeks. I guess there's no
      harm in that, except that those posts could have been
      used to post alerts so that we could help animals
      instead of talking about the ethics of it all.<br><br>But
      anyway if you want to discuss an alert or something I
      don't have a problem with it. I say go for
      it!<br><br>And the only reason I would delete someone is if they
      are causing more harm than good here and if they are
      intentionally doing that. I haven't really deleted many people.
      Probably around 5 or 6 people since this club has been
      Serena
    • veganelfgirl
      Message 2844 of 2844 , Feb 7, 2002
        Join with concerned citizens, celebrities,
        political and noted animal rights leaders to help stop
        cruel factory farming practices in New Jersey and
        across the United States. New Jersey is the only state
        with legislation<br>requiring the development of
        standards for the "humane" raising of farm animals, and it
        is in position to lead the nation in banning
        inhumane farming practices. <br>Certain farming practices
        are clearly inhumane, and must therefore be outlawed
        in New Jersey. Please be part of this historic
        campaign, and help prohibit cruel factory farming.
        Confirmed speakers include: Mary <br>Tyler Moore, Grant
        Aleksander, Peter Singer, Howard Lyman, Wayne Pacelle, David
        Wolfson, Gene and Lorri Bauston, and Sue Coe. The event is
        being organized by Farm Sanctuary, and sponsored by
        Compassion in World Farming, the Fund for Animals, and the
        Humane Society of the United States.<br><br>The
        conference will be held at the Lafayette Yard Marriott in
        downtown Trenton, NJ on Sunday, April 7th, from 9 am to
        8pm. And the Rally will be held at the State Capitol,
        two blocks from the hotel, on Monday morning<br>from
        10am to noon.<br><br>To register please see
        against factory farming in New Jersey is available at
        traveling from New York City to the event, and a special
        package is being offered. For more information, or to
        register please call 607-583-2225 or email
        campaign@.... <br><br>If you have questions, or to register
        over the phone, please call 607-583-2225.<br><br>Farm
        Sanctuary Events