How corrupt is the BLM(BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT)? PLEASE CROSS POST

  • Planeta Animal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 11:31 AM
      Subject: Fwd: How corrupt is the BLM(BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT)? PLEASE CROSS POST

      Hi all,

      Please see below and call all of these numbers!!!!! We must keep protesting this horror!

      White House -

      202-456-9000 or 202-456-1111

      E-mail Obama<http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/>

      You can leave a message for the BLM through Salazar's number.

      202-208-3100 press 5 and leave a message telling them to stop the roundup of the Pryor Mountain Wild Horses immediately.

      You can leave a message for BLM Director Abbey. They tell you to call another number but leave a message anyway.

      202-208-3801

      This is the number Abbey's office tells you to call. A lady named Debbie answers and will argue with you for 20 minutes if you have the time.

      866-468-7826

      None of them give a CRAP what any of us say. Call ANYWAY.

      And here are some private numbers!

      Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel's number is 456-6798.

      Joe Biden's number is 456-9000.

      Michelle Obama's number is 456-7064.

      Valerie Jerrett's number is 456-2380

      READ below and make the calls, please!!!!

      Begin forwarded message:

      PLEASE CROSS POST
      HOW CORRUPT IS THE UNITED STATES BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT?
      "...Lets just momentarily forget the fact that the BLM
      is attacking this one herd
      for reasons not fully explained
      and that no mention has been made of the extreme
      interest in this area by the Skyline Uranium Corporation,
      which has direct ties
      to the United Arab Emirates..."

      "...the fact that cattle ranchers have fenced off access to water..."

      YOU DECIDE... How corrupt is the BLM?

      You need to make the decision yourself and, after reading the information,
      decide if this whole issue is being blown all out of proportion or if indeed the
      Federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is completely out of control and is a
      law unto themselves, accountable to no one, and is driven by a series of
      administrations as corrupt as anything imagined.

      This link is to a District Court decision forbidding the BLM from rounding up
      horses in Colorado. The details are there, the decision is final, read it for
      your own education.

      http://www.thesoulofahorse.com/PDF%20Files/JudgeCollyerAugust5-2009Opinion.pdf<http://www.thesoulofahorse.com/PDF%20Files/JudgeCollyerAugust5-2009Opinion.pdf>

      Next to the final line is this statement, A prerequisite to removal under the
      Wild Horse Act is that BLM first determine that an overpopulation exists and
      that the wild free-roaming horses and burros slated for removal are excess
      animals.
      Not done in the case of Clouds herd.
      Previous statements by the BLM were that they would remove only 70 of 190 horses.
      Today they are exceeding that number by going beyond their specific Herd
      Management Area (HMA) and rounding up bands outside of their legal perimeter in
      Custer National Forest, branding and tagging them and shipping them to holding
      pens ready to be sent away. All this is being done by a contractor previously
      convicted of ..capturing and killing unbranded horses, mares and colts running
      at large on public land.

      Lets just momentarily forget the fact that the BLM is attacking this one herd
      for reasons not fully explained and that no mention has been made of the extreme
      interest in this area by the Skyline Uranium Corporation, which has direct ties
      to the United Arab Emirates.

      Lets overlook the fact that we only have (the numbers are in dispute) between
      12,000 to 30,000 wild horses left free on land belonging to you and I, that they
      are being removed because of " over population ", " for protection ", " to prevent
      starvation ", and are being replaced by eight MILLION head of cattle.

      I suggest that we don't even think about the fact that cattle ranchers have
      fenced off access to water, that a reportedly two-thirds of the BLM budget goes
      to feeding and care of the 30,000 horses the BLM has previously rounded up, or
      that the BLM cannot come up with the data necessary to determine how many horses
      a range can fully support.

      For a little more information, watch this video:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/VoluntaryInstinct<http://www.youtube.com/user/VoluntaryInstinct>

      If you are not outraged yet, read on.

      Today I became aware of another fact, one that is so shocking and horrid that it
      is impossible to even think about. The BLM supposedly has 30,000 horses in
      holding pens scattered throughout the US, doing nothing more than waiting to
      die. Now we find out that the BLM refuses to release information on the exact
      number. Why?

      There is a very good possibility that large numbers of these once symbols of
      America have been secretly shipped across the borders and slaughtered with the
      full knowledge and acceptance of the BLM. An investigation is now underway. I
      expect nothing more than a continued cover up by the government. It will take
      private individuals and organizations to find out the truth.

      The White House is being bombarded by phone calls, yet not one word is being
      uttered. Today, Clouds herd is being destroyed by the very government that
      promises " to protect, manage, and control wild horses and burros to ensure that
      healthy herds thrive on healthy rangelands. The BLM manages these living symbols
      of the Western spirit as part of its multiple-use mission"

      You decide. If you find that the destruction of our wild horses is a fact, then
      complain. If you dont, who will?

      1. Call/write/fax President Obama as often as you canthis herd is a national
      treasure and should not be wiped out by a government agency. Please flood the
      phone lines with calls! Phone: 202-456-1111 or 202-456-9000 Fax: 202-456-2461

      2. Ask Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar to stop this round up
      Call: 202-208-3100

      3. BLM Director Bob Abbey, tell him to halt this round up-- he must reconsider
      his agency's actions
      Call: 202-208-3801 or 866-468-7826
      Fax: 202-208-5242

      Jerry Finch,
      Habitat for Horses
      Hitchcock, Texas
      America's Largest Equine Rescue
      http://www.habitatforhorses.org/<http://www.habitatforhorses.org/>

      Other wild horse updates found here:

      http://thecloudfoundation.org/<http://thecloudfoundation.org/>

      http://rtfitch.wordpress.com/<http://rtfitch.wordpress.com/>

      http://www.equinewelfarealliance.org/Press_Releases.html<http://www.equinewelfarealliance.org/Press_Releases.html>

      http://horsebackmagazine.com/breakingnews.htm<http://horsebackmagazine.com/breakingnews.htm>

      * CJ NOTE-
      PLEASE CROSS POST & email blitz our president http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/<http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/>
      NOTE..DRASTICALLY REDUCING THIS HERD TO 120 WILL GENETICALLY DESTROY THIS HERD

      I am away until Sept. 9, 2009.
      I will have limited access to a computer
      and may not be able to reply in a timely manner.
      FOR CROSS POSTING
      FORWARDED PICTURES & MESSAGES
      MUST BE IMBEDDED WITHIN THE EMAIL MESSAGE BODY
      DOWNLOADING ATTACHMENTS FOR CROSS POSTING
      USES UP AVAILABLE COMPUTER MEMORY
      CJDiBalm@...<mailto:CJDiBalm@...>
      will have limited computer access for
      an undetermined amount of time
      replies may not be timely
      please notify sender if you would like to be removed from this alert list
      This electronic mail message contains information that
      (a) is or may be CONFIDENTIAL,PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an intended recipient, please take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your computer system.