Fw: UPDATE - INTERNATIONAL CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE RETURN OF BULLFIGHTS TO PANAMA

  • itd@2kat.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2009
      From: Maria Lopes
      To: International Movement Against Bullfights
      Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:49 PM
      Subject: UPDATE - INTERNATIONAL CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE RETURN OF BULLFIGHTS TO
      PANAMA

      INTERNATIONAL MOVEMENT AGAINST BULLFIGHTS
      MOVIMENTO INTERNACIONAL ANTI-TOURADAS
      MOVIMIENTO INTERNACIONAL ANTITAURINO
      MOUVEMENT INTERNATIONAL ANTI CORRIDAS
      www.iwab.org
      IMAB@...
      The bullfight scheduled for the 28th of March at Panama City did not take
      place but now they claim it will take place 25th of April. Please continue
      to protest.

      Dear Friends,

      The bullfight scheduled for the 28th of March at Panama City did not take
      place.
      Nonetheless the bullfighting websites claim now that a bullfight is
      scheduled for the 25th of April.
      Panama stopped having Spanish bullfights some years ago and they had no
      bullrings - the last bullfights performed in Panama were in portable
      bullrings in small villages.
      Panama always had festivals with native bulls and their bullfights are
      totally different from Spanish bullfights. They chase the bull with capes
      and no instruments like banderillas, etc are used.

      Please continue to send emails to the authorities of Panama with CC to the
      newspapers.
      Below you will find a sample letter in Spanish and its English translation.

      Presidency
      despachopd@...

      Ministery of Education
      ministro@...

      Ministery of Government and Justice
      contactenos@...
      Visit Panama

      info@...

      City Hall of Panama City
      alcalde@...

      Tourism Authority of Panama (please copy/paste the letter directly in the
      link)
      Tema - General
      Nombre - Name
      Email - Email
      Pais - Select your country from the drop down menu
      Enviar - Send
      http://www.atp.gob.pa/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&Itemid=30

      Newspapers

      Panama Am�rica
      editor.pa@...

      Prensa
      internet@...@...

      El Siglo
      redaccion@...

      La Estrella
      online@...

      Televisora Nacional S.A.
      tvn@...

      TO:
      despachopd@...,
      ministro@...,
      contactenos@...,
      info@...,alcalde@...

      CC:
      editor.pa@...,
      internet@...,
      redaccion@...,
      online@...,
      tvn@...

      Excmos.Se�ore(a)s,

      Fue con grande estupefacci�n que tuve conocimiento que el 25 de Abril se va
      inaugurar una plaza de toros, en Panam� City, con una corrida internacional
      mixta.
      Panam� es un hermoso pa�s que hace muchos a�os que no tiene corridas de
      toros al estilo espa�ol.
      Las corridas son crueldad, ense�an violencia, vuestro pa�s no necesita de
      importar violencia, al contrario debe ense�ar a los ni�os que los animales
      deben ser respectados y no torturados y muertos.
      Les pido que no autoricen esta corrida, no dejen la violencia regresar a
      vuestro pa�s. En todo el mundo se lucha en contra las corridas y muchos
      pa�ses prohibir�n las mismas, como por ejemplo Cuba y Argentina.
      Siempre que programo mis vacaciones lo hago teniendo en cuenta no visitar
      pa�ses en los cuales los animales son maltratados por lo tanto espero no
      tener que a�adir Panam� a m� lista de pa�ses a no visitar.

      Sinceramente
      Name/Pa�s

      **********************

      Dear Sirs,

      I was astonished to learn that next 25th of April a bullring will be
      inaugurated in Panama City with an international bullfight.
      Panama is a beautiful country where bullfights in the Spanish style have not
      been held for many years.
      Bullfights are cruel, they teach violence and your country does not need to
      import violence, by the contrary it should teach children that animals must
      be respected, not tortured and killed.
      I ask you to not authorise this bullfight and please do not allow violence
      to return to your country.
      People throughout the world are becoming opposed to bullfights and several
      countries banned them, for example Cuba and Argentina.
      Whenever I plan my holidays I chose to visit countries that do not allow
      mistreatment of animals so I hope that I do not need to add Panama to my
      list of countries that should not be visited.

      Sincerely
      Name/Country

      For the Animals
      Maria Lopes