Fwd: World Laboratory Animal Liberation Week is just 3 weeks away!!

  • animalsareadvancedsouls
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2009
      World Laboratory Animal
      Liberation Week is just 3 weeks away!!
      We have had a great response
      so far with 18 events already scheduled in 13 states!!!

      We need to hear from you now
      to register your event!

      Even if there are no major
      laboratories in your city, we can provide you with the information and materials
      necessary to do effective actions and have a real impact on animal
      experimentation!!

      PLEASE CONTACT US
      TODAY!!!!

      PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL ACTIVISTS
      AND EMAIL LISTS

      Announcement: World Laboratory
      Animal Liberation Week
      April 18-26, 2009
      Fellow Activists,

      As you read this email, untold millions of animals are
      suffering and dying in laboratories across the United
      States. The majority of these animals
      including rats, mice, birds, amphibians, and all animals used in agricultural
      research receive no protection under current laws. Federally owned laboratories
      (such as those owned by the Department of Defense, the NIH, the USDA, EPA, etc.)
      receive no independent inspections. It has been demonstrated that the USDA
      does not adequately enforce the very limited requirements of the Animal Welfare
      Act (AWA). Labs often break federal laws and more animals are hurt by
      these infractions
      every day. Violations are often ignored, fines are
      reduced or eliminated, and penalties are ineffective.

      The use of non-human primates has reached an all-time high with 69,990
      experiencing the cruelty of captivity in a laboratory. In university and private settings,
      squirrel monkeys are confined to restraint chairs and steel screws are drilled
      into the skulls of rhesus monkeys. Chimpanzees suffer silently for decades
      as they slowly go insane. Dogs languish in runs as they pine for their
      families. Electrical coils are forced into the eyes of cats.

      The official dates for World Laboratory Animal
      Liberation Week 2009 are April 18 – 26. However, it is more important that you take
      action than that your action falls exactly within these dates (events can also
      be planned just before or just afterwards). If we are to be successful in
      exposing the ongoing abuses of animals in laboratories, we must begin planning now. Your
      participation in this crucial event is an absolute necessity.

      The two Stop Animal Exploitation NOW! websites
      (www.saenonline.organd www.wlalw.org) have many resources that will be helpful in your
      organizing. Sections of our main website have fact sheets about product
      testing, primate experimentation, a general flyer about animal experimentation,
      as well as materials focusing on specific labs.

      Our Government Grants Promoting Cruelty to Animals
      Section contains detailed information including research protocols, grant
      applications, and journal articles relevant to over 120 different researchers
      spread throughout 47 laboratories in 24 states.

      The articles and reports section contains informative
      discussions of many different aspects of the animal experimentation issue as
      well as data about specific facilities.
      0
      Our website dedicated to World Laboratory Animal
      Liberation Week: www.wlalw.orgcurrently contains a sign-up form for this year’s
      event, and listings of events from previous years. It is very important
      that we are aware of all WLALW events so that we may help in their promotion and
      media exposure, so please sign up with the details of your events as soon as
      possible. When your event is posted on our website, more activists will be
      able to attend.

      Many kinds of events can be planned for World
      Laboratory Animal Liberation Week. Using information from our website, any
      activist can plan a news conference to discuss the use of animals at a nearby
      laboratory. Protests, rallies and civil disobedience can also be used to
      pressure a laboratory to change policies or even eliminate specific
      experiments. Leafleting can be an effective method of educating the
      public. Large numbers of activists can be helpful for protest events, but
      media campaigns involving other methods can be effective with a single dedicated
      activist.

      The priority is not necessarily that WLALW events be
      large or flashy, but it is vital that we be energetic, aggressive and
      effective. We are the voices for millions of suffering dogs, cats,
      primates, rats, mice, rabbits, guinea pigs, birds, sheep, pigs and animals of
      many other species. Please get involved with this vital event. We
      are their only hope.

      Sincerely,

      Michael A. Budkie, A.H.T.,
      Executive Director, SAEN