Fwd: ACTION ALERT: Special Message from Bill Smith, Main Line Animal Rescue

  • animalsareadvancedsouls
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      Dear Compansion Pet Lovers ~

      Please join Columbus Top Dogs in supporting our good friends Bill S
      mith and Main Line Animal Rescue in their efforts to pass PA H.B. 2525 WITHOUT any amendments! The full scope of their special request is below.

      Here is the link to all members of the PA Senate - > http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/member_information/senators_alpha.cfm.

      Thanks in advance for your kind consideration.

      P.S. Below is a quick recap from today's Oprah segment...
      I am watching the Oprah show right now. From the standpoint of an update and informing the public, the puppy mill segment so far is worthwhile. She is detailing some of the recent raids and conditions in the mills; just mentioned the Havens thing and not by name. Bill from Main Line Animal Rescue in PA is back; he just told the story of the 80 dogs shot by the Amish miller, and after the bre
      ak, he talked briefly about the pending PA legislation and brought on a mill dog whose leg went down through the wire of his rabbit hutch, was grabbed by the dog in the cage below, and cut off by the miller with tinsnips. After the show, Oprah.com is supposed to have the names and addresses people can write to protest and to support legislation. Lots of urging people to adopt from shelters; the rep from Main Line says that petstore puppy sales are down and millers are surrendering dogs to their rescue because they are no longer profitable.

      They keep repeating that this is just the tip of the iceberg, which is good.

      .... in terms of keeping momentum going, this is a pretty good "sound bite" report.

      Mitz

      Mary O'Connor-Shaver
      Cell: 614-271-8248
      Columbus Top Dogs (Shure Pets)
      http://www.columbustopdogs.com/
      http://www.banohiodogauctions.com/
      http://thoughtsfurpaws.com/

      LEGISLATIVE ALERTS: Please visit our Home page for pending legislation impacting the welfare of OH animals - http://www.columbustopdogs.com/

      I donate ALL profits from the sale of our premium products and accessories to local animal protection groups!

      P.S. You or someone you know has requested you be added to the Columbus Top Dogs email list. If you do not want to receive emails from columbustopdogs.com, please reply and put "remove from list" in subject. Thank you!