Animal rights graffiti angers residents

  • Shannon Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      Then stop the killing!!!!!!!
      Comment | Read Comments (7)
      The graffiti in Reliance Way An animal rights protester has sprayed graffiti along a row of fencing in a quiet Oxford street.
      Messages including "Ban Vivisection Now" and "Stop the Animal Lab" were sprayed in black paint along a row of fencing behind Reliance Way overnight yesterday, along with the A L F tag.
      Residents were shocked and angry that they had been targeted.
      Tony Brett, who lives in Reliance Way and is the local Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator, said: "I'm not aware of any direct connections with Reliance Way and any sort of animal research but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable."
      Neighbour Alex Blok said: "They have a right to protest but not to vandalise. It's wrong."
      Oxford City Council has said it will clear up the graffiti over the weekend.