IDA Fights EPA's Animal Tests

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2002
      IDA Fights EPA's Animal Tests

      IDA continues to draw attention to the Environmental Protection Agency�s (EPA) horrific animal tests. The EPA requires more chemical toxicity testing on animals than any other federal agency. Virtually none of its $600 million annual research budget is spent on the development of improved methods to replace cruel and inconclusive animal tests.

      In more than 10 years, the EPA has not banned a single toxic industrial chemical using its authority under the Toxic Substances Control Act. Meanwhile, mil lions of animals have been killed in meaningless tests, the results of which have been used to derail efforts to limit chemical exposures.

      Help IDA make a difference to the animals tortured by the EPA.

      What you can do:

      Please contact EPA head Christine Todd Whitman and ask that she stop the EPA from killing animals in cruel and wasteful experiments on chemicals that we already know are dangerous. Tell her that you want the EPA to start funding the development of non-animal tests that are faster, cheaper, and more relevant to humans.

      The Honorable Christine Todd Whitman
      Office of the Administrator
      U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
      Ariel Rios Bldg., Rm. 3000, #1101-A
      1200 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
      Washington, DC 20460
      Fax: 202-501-1450
      E-Mail: Whitman.Christine@...

      Also, please tell your congressional representative and senators that you want the EPA to stop wasting your money on pointless animal tests and to devote a portion of its over $600 million annual research budget to non-animal test development. Find your legislators at: http://www.congress.org/ or call the Senate Switchboard at 202-224-3121 and the House Switchboard at 202-225-3121.

      Colleen Klaum