Friday Veal Leafleting Event

  • purrrrrshia
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2002
      From: <A
      HREF="mailto:farmsanctuarylist@...">farmsanctuarylist@act
      ionalerts.net</A>
      HREF="mailto:office@...">office@...</A>

      WHAT: Friday night leafleting to Ban the Veal Crate
      WHERE: Elaine's, 1703 Second Ave. (between 88th and 89th St.)
      WHEN: Friday, August 23, from 7:30-9:30 pm
      WHY: To educate the public about the cruelty of veal production and
      convince restaurants to take it off their menus
      HOW: Leafleting, gathering signatures on petitions, holding signs,
      talking
      with the public

      This week it's back to Elaine's for another try at getting the
      management to
      "Say No to Veal." Please join us this Friday, August 23 from 7:30 to
      9:30,
      as we make our 4th visit to Elaine's with signs, leaflets and
      petitions
      designed to educate people about the cruelty of veal production and
      eventually BAN THE VEAL CRATE. Since the last two Friday nights have
      been
      spent at another restaurant, Elaine's may think we have just given up
      and
      gone away. The management may be surprised to learn that we are
      concerned,
      sincere, well informed, and also quite persistent. Please note that
      the
      scheduled time for the leafleting is 1/2 hour later than usual, since
      Elaine's seems to cater to a later crowd than other restaurants.
      Please come
      if you can! The more activists in front of Elaine's, the better to
      convince
      them that selling the flesh of tortured baby calves is totally
      inappropriate!

      For more information on veal, see http://www.noveal.org

      If you think you can come, or need more information about the
      event,please
      call our New York City office at (212) 567-4556 or contact via email
      at
      NYC@...

      Farm Sanctuary office@...

      For the animals, your health and the environment,
      practice non-violence ~ Go Vegan!
      See www.veganoutreach.org

      I no longer use language that accepts the current concept of animals
      as
      property, commodities and/or things. Rather than refer to myself and
      others
      as "owners" of animals, I now refer to myself and others
      as "guardians"
      of
      our animal companions and to animals as "he" or "she" rather
      than "it."
      Guardians do not buy or sell animals; instead they rescue and adopt.
      urge
      you to do the same. Please help spread the word by adding this
      signature to
      your emails.
      See www.idausa.org/property.html

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts,
      and warmth to our souls."

      Colleen Klaum

      "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with
      men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
      Immanuel Kant