Kids Slaughterhouse Tour = 18 Instant Vegetarians

  • Brennan Browne
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      http://newsweak.com/exclusive/school-field-trip-tour-of-slaughterhouse-traumatizes-children

      OMAHA, Neb. (Newsweak.com Exclusive) — Eighteen grade 5 students of Mavis Beacon
      Elementary School are undergoing counseling after a school field trip visit to a
      beef slaughterhouse. The children reportedly were horrified to see how cows were
      processed into beef. Some of the students vomited, and most cried.

      Their teacher, Maxwell Barnes, faces disciplinary action for organizing the
      school field trip. “I didn’t see anything wrong with it.” Barnes stated.
      “Earlier this year we had a field trip to a chocolate factory. Kids have a
      curiosity about where their food comes from. I don’t think there should be
      anything wrong with showing them where meat comes from.”

      The children were escorted through the facility from the loading bay, where
      cattle enter the building, through to the stunning process where the animals
      receive a pneumatic bolt to the brain, rendering them brain dead. “Some of the
      kids started crying then.” said slaughterhouse foreman Dan Smith. “We told them
      it was all a natural part of how beef is made and ends up in yummy hamburgers,
      but that didn’t seem to help much.”

      The field trip then went awry after the brain dead animals were chained up by
      their back legs and then cut into to be bled to death. “I saw one little boy
      throw up.” Smith said. “And then after that there was screaming and running and
      all these other kids throwing up all over the place. We tried to calm them down
      but it was out of control by then. These kids were just freaked out, they didn’t
      even finish the tour.”