Excellent New Advocacy Web-Site!

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 12:32 PM
      Excellent New Advocacy Web Site! Consider bookmarking this one; it's
      really handy!

      ASPCA GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS AND PUBLIC POLICY DEPARTMENT LAUNCHES STATE
      OF THE ART INTERACTIVE LOBBY SITE - www.aspca.org/lobby

      The Government Affairs and Public Policy Department is pleased to
      announce the launching of its new advocacy website, "Lobby for Animal
      Welfare." This state of the art interactive site informs visitors
      about animal protection legislation pending in their state, as well
      as Congress, and allows them to take action by sending personalized
      letters to their representatives. Letters are sent to legislators
      and other public policy officials in a moment's notice. States Lisa
      Weisberg, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Public
      Policy, "virtual lobbying allows people concerned about animal
      protection issues to learn about pending legislation and to voice
      their opinion to their representatives in a quick and efficient
      manner. In a time when most people are unable to meet with their
      elected officials, virtual lobbying allows concerned citizens to
      speak to lawmakers and be part of the legislative process.
      Constituent support continues to be vital in influencing a
      representative's vote on legislation. Passing legislation into law
      has a tremendous impact on the kinds of protections we afford
      animals."

      The site features a map of the United States allowing users to go to
      their state and participate in many different campaigns. It also
      features recent achievements by the department of legislation enacted
      into law and informs visitors of other legislation of importance to
      the ASPCA. Participants can become members of the Advocacy Brigade
      and receive updates and learn about new issues as they occur. This
      is a complimentary service provided by the ASPCA and assists the
      government affairs and public policy department in its important work
      to pass legislation into law and facilitate the adoption of public
      policies that foster the humane treatment of animals. Please tell
      your family and friends to become part of our work by becoming a
      member of the Advocacy Brigade. Go to www.aspca.org/lobby

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts, and warmth to our souls" Colleen Klaum