BREAKING NEWS-A 1st!!: Canadian Senator Proposes Bill to End Commercial Seal Slaughter

  • Brennan Browne
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2009
      International Fund for Animal Welfare
      A Better World for Animals and People

      SUPPORT THE "HARB SEAL BILL"

      Help us collect 200,000 letters before April!

      Fantastic news!

      IFAW has just returned from Parliament Hill where the
      Honourable Senator Mac Harb announced a bill that could END Canada's
      commercial seal hunt.

      That's right, for the first time in Canadian history, a politician is proposing a law to end the suffering of baby seals.

      No half-measures, no excuses. This is our chance to end the hunt forever.

      Senator Harb has shown incredible leadership and courage by speaking
      out on behalf of the majority of Canadians on this issue. But he cannot
      win this fight on his own.

      You and I must act quickly to ensure this bill is passed into law.

      Senator Harb has asked every caring Canadian to send emails and cards
      expressing support for an immediate end to Canada's commercial seal
      hunt.  He wants to fill his office from floor to ceiling with messages
      of support for the "Harb Seal  Bill" and I've promised IFAW supporters will stand by him every step of the way.

      Our goal is to collect over 200,000 emails, action cards and letters in
      the next few weeks (one message for every seal that will
      be killed in this year's slaughter ) so I'm counting on you to act
      right now.

      Please click here
      to send an email to the Canadian Senate urging swift passage of this
      landmark legislation. It only takes a moment to add your name, and
      Senator Harb says every email is critical at this historic moment. This
      is our chance to ensure no more seals are skinned alive or shot and
      left to suffer.

      Please don't
      delay. Let's flood the Senate's inboxes with messages.  Let's show
      them Canadians care deeply about this issue and are tired of being ignored by their government. Senator Harb has opened the door.  The time to act is now.

      The world is watching.

      Let's show them what we can do,

      Olivier Bonnet

      Director, IFAW Canada

      PS: Remember ... IFAW was founded in Canada 40 years ago, to stop this slaughter. IFAW SUPPORTERS LIKE YOU fought for and won the first rules to reduce the killing in 1971. We secured the U.S. import ban of seal products in 1972. We won an EU ban on the trade in whitecoats in 1983.   And now, with your help, this historic legislation to end Canada's commercial seal hunt once and for all will get passed into law.